FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Maine Lake Charts" - where can you buy them now?  (Read 2277 times)

saltyshores

"Maine Lake Charts" - where can you buy them now?
« on: Aug 22, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I remember reading on MFF that Maine Lake Charts had been sold. Also, their website is gone. They made the most detailed and accurate lake maps I've seen and now I'm not sure if those are still available. I've searched past topics on this but wondered what the current info is, say, I'd like to buy a very detailed map of Sebago Lake and others. Is there a central website, or are there stores that still have a limited supply of their maps produced in the past? Are they still being produced?

Thanks for any input. I have an excellent one of their maps for West Grand that has greatly helped me find "trolling lanes" for togue so we can stay at a constant 60-70' depth without ledges.

heavycat78

Re: "Maine Lake Charts" - where can you buy them now?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2011, 10:32 AM »
I could be mistaken, but I believe they were bought by Fishing Hot Spots. You can get them off there website but I don't know if they are in the same format as before. Another option to check out is Angling Technologies. It does require a subscription to see contour lines on the lakes, but is a great tool if you have a printer or a smart phone.

fishlessman

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2011, 10:59 AM »
jordans general store sells a really nice laminated map of sebago, well detailed for the lake

WayUp

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2011, 11:55 AM »
check your local Walmart!

gunrunner

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2011, 12:42 PM »
We carry them in Shapleigh...

mainedukblaster

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2011, 12:44 PM »
get them free off of IF&W using Google earth

fishingsurveyor

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2011, 02:52 PM »
get them free off of IF&W using Google earth

Sorry not even close to the quality of MLC and yes they were sold to fishing hot spots depending on the lake you are looking for check LL beans, KTP, and your local marinas.

fishingsurveyor

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2011, 02:54 PM »
I remember reading on MFF that Maine Lake Charts had been sold. Also, their website is gone. They made the most detailed and accurate lake maps I've seen and now I'm not sure if those are still available. I've searched past topics on this but wondered what the current info is, say, I'd like to buy a very detailed map of Sebago Lake and others. Is there a central website, or are there stores that still have a limited supply of their maps produced in the past? Are they still being produced?

Thanks for any input. I have an excellent one of their maps for West Grand that has greatly helped me find "trolling lanes" for togue so we can stay at a constant 60-70' depth without ledges.

Navionics (sp) makes a great chip for the gps and app for the smart phone

saltyshores

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Thanks to all of you for some very good and helpful replies!

bassfishingkid#1

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Dags Bait and tackle in auburn has a ton of different lakes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.