FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Top Water Heaven, 3 Lures put to the Test  (Read 2341 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Top Water Heaven, 3 Lures put to the Test
« on: Jun 26, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Howdy........i hit the lake today and with the high winds I was forced into a Bay. No problem there I found the perfect spot to test out some of my new Top water Toys

In the off season I picked up a few differnet styles of frog. Today I tested out 3 styles of slop bait.

I started off with the most expensive item the Spro Jungle Frog. After 2 casts and I blowup the frog eas damaged, it was taking on water where the weight seal gave away,a nd the legs were ripped. Athother few casts and the legs were gone. I managed 3 decent blow-ups and no hooked fish (that could have been me not the bait)

Next I went to the Heddon Moss Boss. The bait casts great and moves well. No pausing in the open gaps because these do sink in open water. I managed a few decent blow ups and one hook up. Heavy duty hook did the trick.

Last off all I went to the Bobby's Pro Frog. First cast = first fish, hooks up real easy and moves well on the water. It much lighter then both the other Baits and can not get the casting distance. I think the Strand style legs helped with the hook-ups.

archbishop

Re: Top Water Heaven & Product Review
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2006, 07:00 PM »
nice fish, i like the lines in the lilly pads, pretty cool :tipup:

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2006, 07:03 PM »
way to go junky...i like the way you adjusted your game plan and came up with fish  :clapping: 
Scotty 

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2006, 07:18 AM »
thanks for the info Junky. That is a real nice report, even admitting that lack of hookups could be one you. Hooking up on topwaters is hard enough w/o all the foliage in the way. Great post.

Mike

Grimace

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2006, 08:03 AM »
cool report Bassjunky.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Interesting report bassjunky, you defiantly were fishing in thick cover, great place to test the 3 lures.
Nice largemouth bass. 8)

Throw any of those lures around the reeds, bullrushes or cattails and you will have the pike blowing up on you to. :)

WW

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Top Water Heaven, 3 Lures put to the Test
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Another thing I found when fishing this area was that a real soft tip was of great benefit. My harder tip made it real hard to place the lures in and around the tree area. I was going for strenght but you still need finese.

So i grabed a lighter action rod with a decent backbone and had more luck getting into the blowholes as well as under the tree. It was were the best action was.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.