FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Outboard repair  (Read 1514 times)

5-flags

Outboard repair
« on: Jul 24, 2013, 09:36 AM »
Anybody know a good outboard repair person that works on sears gamefishers. I took the carb off and cleaned it and got it to fire, but it won't idol or continue to run for more than a minute. neither the remote tank or the onboard tank will run it. I live in NEPA and would like to get it fixed asap for my river vessel. I also have a Minn Kota bow mount that just stoped working. could use a guy for this also....  Thanks in advance

BIGCREW

Re: Outboard repair
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2013, 08:46 PM »
I have never worked on one of those but if the carb is adjustable a general rule of thumb is a turn and a half out from the seated position if the motor has been siting for a while chances are the ethanol got to it and the carb will have to be rebuilt make shure your fuel is fresh also make sure the carb is

Gasket is good

gundogwanted

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Where at in NEPA????
You can give this guy a try, he may have more info for you.

Piazza Marine Tohatsu Outboards-Sales Service - Parts
(570) 654-3900
279 Main St
Dupont, PA 18641
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

chez

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2013, 05:54 AM »
PIAZZA works on all of my motors.Johnny is a great guy im sure he can help you out.Hes not like one of these bigtime sales /repair guys,hes like one of us guys.Good luck.

5-flags

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2013, 08:11 AM »
Thanks guys.. I will give him a try

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.