FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flyfishing Pics....  (Read 2586 times)

Trevor

Flyfishing Pics....
« on: Jul 30, 2004, 10:33 PM »
Hey all,

Just got back from my second home, the east slopes of the Rockies.  Walked miles and miles of stream.  I carried along a camera and thought I would share.  Bear in mind however although these pics are of beautiful country they don't do it justice, it is much more amazing in person:

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
Re: Flyfishing Pics....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Very nice...we are making a trip from the flatlands of Manitoba and will be spending time in Waterton Lakes National Park, then skirting Glacier Park in MT on our way to visit family on the Oregon coast.  I know what you mean about photos not doing the scenery justice.  Hopefully I will have some spectacular shots to share in about 2.5 weeks.

Derek

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2004, 07:04 AM »
Trevor  whats up with shot gun? Bear?? Or killer fish ;D ;D
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Trevor

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2004, 07:44 AM »
Thriller,

You'll love the Waterton area.  The trout are many and grow large...

Fishercat,

Definitely bear ;D,  I push pretty deep into the high country when I fish.  It's not unusual for me to find myself five or even ten miles from the truck by day's end.  Grizzlies tend to inhabit the same valleys in which I love to fish.  I prefer 000 buck to pepper spray ;D ;D ;D

I sawed it off just to make it as light and compact as possible(it's about 3/4" over the minimum legal length).  After all, additional weight can make it pretty rough on a fat guy ;D.

Trevor

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2004, 10:50 AM »

I sawed it off just to make it as light and compact as possible(it's about 3/4" over the minimum legal length).  After all, additional weight can make it pretty rough on a fat guy ;D.

Trevor
   I also have somthing like that gun and like you said on your other post the punishment comes at both ends. ::) ::) ::
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Trevor,  Awesome pics!!!  I love the falls shot.  I gotta tease ya! ;)  Is that gun for easing your pain when the bears mauling you?    :D :D  Looks like a great trip, with nobody around... beautiful!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Yes, I too live in the rockies and fish in them often. There are many, many beautiful places to fish.

There are even many streams and reservoirs that nobody knows about, making the fish big and stupid ;D

which stream is that your fishing by the way?

Trevor

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Fishercat, ain't that the truth.  First time I fired it after sawing it off I nearly broke my wrist :'(.  That was with 2-3/4" field load.  Then I got really brave and tried 3" mag 000 buck.  Left me with a bloodied hand.  I hope I never have to fire it again....

Barley, easing my pain sounds about right ;D ;D ;D, would be hard pressed to get the gun up in time to fend off a Grizzly :-\

Bear,  the pics are actually of two entirely different streams.  One is the Ram, the other is one of those streams of which you speak ;)

Trevor

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2004, 06:54 PM »
That's where you've been hiding out eh? Looking good. :D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Trevor

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Hey Darren,

Good to see you're still lurkin about.  Hope your're enjoying your beloved Bow.  One of these days I need to make my way down there and fish that river....

Trevor

wny angler

« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2004, 04:01 PM »
great pics ,that is some beautiful scenery up there,thanks for sharing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.