FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bay of Quinte Nov 18th -19th  (Read 1030 times)

Grimace

Bay of Quinte Nov 18th -19th
« on: Nov 20, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Arrived in Picton about 3, launched boat and checked in.   get out for a quick fish at 4.  i was feeling rough so we didnt leave picton bay.

as it got dark we went shallow marked lotsa fish no takers.    Went to Gus's for a bite to eat and i was in bed by 8.  slept uin till 8.   12 hours much needed sleep. 

so off we go into the daylight with dreams ofm double digit walleyes dancing around our heads.   we went 4/5, no double digits.

4lb11oz, 2lbs8oz, 6lbs, 9.6oz ( thought we had dad his double digit but nope the scale stopped at 9.6)   
this is the 4.11

we fished shallow water 40 to 70 feet.   we fished 26-30 feet down.

we kept the 4.11 and the 2.8  let the 6 and 9.6 go.     the 9.6 got away when dad gave her a drink after weighing her. she wiggled her tail and sploosh swan straight down.

we get in.   i dont feel to bad, lets hit the beer store.   i feel better after that.   met some people at the docks had a fish fry and beer.

Day 2 Sunday   I woke up dead.    sickness is back with a vengeance only Charles Bronson could understand.

so we go out any way fished shallower again and nothing.   so we head to deeper water.   still fishing 26-30 feet down.

Bango dads got one on,   and fighting like a train, which is odd cause before this weekend we found them just to be dead weight, but anyway this fish took out line and everything.
gets her in 10lbs 4 oz.  a new pb for the old man.  ( and beat mine at the time)

so while we have the inside lines in i thinks to meself.     self why dont you pull that other line in and check that the lure is running true or that there isnt any weeds on it.    knock the line off the planer board.   catch up to the slack line.    bang fish on. I didnt even give the old man time to brag.   mwahahahahahaha.    11lbs5oz

after this not much was happening and i was sick so we headed her home.  i am off work today recovering.   just when i thopught the cold could not get any worse.   it did.  alot worse.

Cheers

Grimace

Re: Bay of Quinte Nov 18th -19th
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Picton Harbour Inn.

there is also Merland Park,

Tip of the Bay is no longer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.