FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!  (Read 25772 times)

Grandpa Jack

Re: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #105 on: Oct 13, 2004, 12:57 PM »

Slipbob,

Sunday night was probably the most romantic walleye dinner we've ever had & we've had a few. Its like that song  by George Strait, "THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIVING AND LIVING WELL".I just wish you could loosen that blindfold a little when we're riding out to X its cutting my circulation off.Walleyes are crossing my mind again. GJ

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #106 on: Oct 13, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Slipbob did you at least throw some drinking water in the trunk for Grandpa jack?? ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

wny angler

« Reply #107 on: Oct 16, 2004, 05:01 PM »
at least you caught enough for dinner . the best fishing of the years yet to come.
 i'm gonna have to take a break from steelheading one of these days and see if i can catch me a walleye dinner.

Bartman44

« Reply #108 on: Oct 16, 2004, 08:18 PM »
Nice to see that you're still on them. Still empty stomachs?

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #109 on: Oct 16, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Well slipbob we did have a pretty good day. All pike.  6 for BW and 4 for the Grumpster but her caught the biggest pike. Man was it cold. My motor did not want to start and when I finally was ready to give up it started. I knew it was going to be rough when the drain plug was frozen at the bottom of the boat. All in all lot's of fun but we never caught 1 walleye. The pike were really hitting the lures. I had one nearly rob me of my rod. Well the boat is now parked for the winter. :'( :'( :'( Wait it is nearly hard water season ;D ;D ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #110 on: Oct 17, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Slipbob...you bet this is the best time of the year....water temps yesterday were 41F and 42F where we nailed alot...not too many more days until it starts to freeze over...some of the smaller sloughs already have a light skiff or completely covered...aggressive feeding will last well into the start of hardwater until we start hitting -30 or more....2" perch was the largest in the ones i cleaned up....and alot of freshwater shrimp as well....Grump

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #111 on: Oct 17, 2004, 02:08 PM »
The ones I cleaned Grump had small minnows and perch also.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #112 on: Oct 18, 2004, 04:40 PM »
My walleye reservoir has very cold water all year, I doubt it gets much passed 65. I have found stuff in the stomachs of walleyes year round oddly enough. The only reason the reservoir is so cold is because the water is pumped from an alpine stream, kannah creek, into this reservoir.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #113 on: Oct 18, 2004, 06:55 PM »
Deer tick????? Is that like a woodtick that usually comes out in the spring? Grump you may be able to answer that one.

wny angler

« Reply #114 on: Oct 19, 2004, 04:05 AM »
thers only 2 things that freak me out :unsure: big ugly spiders and ticks. luckily i havnt had any experiences with ticks here in western newyork   :)but was savagely attacked by ticks years ago in the woods of north carolina  :-[

Jigwiggler

« Reply #115 on: Oct 19, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Whew, I'll second your report on the new moon shut off Slipbob!  We're a little behind you seasonally here in PA but the eyes were hitting pretty good last week.  Then WHAM the new moon rolls around and the walleyes got lock jaw!  I'm on vacation this week and have fished the last 3 nights with a total of 0 legal walleyes!!  Still getting some bass and other fish but that not what I've been after.  The end of the week should be better, if not I'm on vacation again the first 2 weeks of Nov. and I know it will be better them. ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Chucker

« Reply #116 on: Oct 19, 2004, 09:23 PM »
thers only 2 things that freak me out :unsure: big ugly spiders and ticks. luckily i havnt had any experiences with ticks here in western newyork   :)but was savagely attacked by ticks years ago in the woods of north carolina  :-[

Most all of the counties here in Eastern NY that border the Hudson river have lots of ticks.  It get worse as you head down the Hudson towards NYC from Albany. 

I got nailed twice by deer ticks when I still lived in Dutchess County.  Got Lyme titers drawn, just in case.  They were negative (whew!)

trapperdirk

« Reply #117 on: Oct 22, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Well not to drag this thread off into tickdome but you lads shouldn't be pulling on those ticks removing them like that . It usually leaves part of the head attached to you and thats where the diseases get put into you often . Use some alcohol or anything to get them to release their grip then slowly remove them so as not to separate the head from the body attached to yourselves . If it never attached itself to me at one time or another then it doesn't live . LOL ;D ::)
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #118 on: Oct 22, 2004, 06:13 PM »
HaHaHaHa Trapper i beleive you! swimming around in beaver ponds i can only imagine the things you've had attach themseves to you lol

Jigwiggler

« Reply #119 on: Oct 23, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Slipbob, if you keep your blood alcohol high enough they won't latch on in the first place!  I know it might be hard but prevenative measures will pay off in the end. ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.