FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!  (Read 25764 times)

reubenpa

Re: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #135 on: Nov 07, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Man Slipbob, you are making me wanna go for a road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You might have a young man following you to your hole some night!!!!!!    Thsoe fisha re making me hungry!!!!
FISH ONdrag screeeeeeeeechYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAA
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

got em

« Reply #136 on: Nov 08, 2004, 06:33 AM »
 8) how many walleyes are in that secret  ;) lake  ;) of yours sb,very nice..

wny angler

« Reply #137 on: Nov 09, 2004, 06:10 PM »
another nice catch slipbob   :clapping:

better take it easy on them walleyes or you'll have none left to pull up through the ice this winter   ;)

Jigwiggler

« Reply #138 on: Nov 09, 2004, 08:52 PM »
I got ya covered buddy.  I'm off work for the next 5 days so I'm planning on doing some walleye fishing and I'll make sure I get some on your behalf.  I'm not too psyched up about this new moon coming Friday but the bite should still be pretty good because the water temps are prime right now and I have been seeing some huge schools of baitfish in my spots which means only one thing.  Dinner time for some walleyes and I'll be right there to set up the table for em.  ;D

I figured you'd be up to the task! ;)  If that darn buck would have come 5 yards closer tonight I'd be done hunting and onto some more fishing myself.  Good luck!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

The Rocket

« Reply #139 on: Nov 09, 2004, 10:04 PM »
Great stuff Slipbob. I don't know how you do it. I thought that fishing with Dynamite was illegal ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rocket>
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

wny angler

« Reply #140 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:00 PM »
 your slippin a bit slipbob   :P
    after a week with no pics posted i was expecting to see a few full stringers  ;D

nice fish anyhow    :clapping:

Bartman44

« Reply #141 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Nice pics. Anyone fishing the " big chill" is ok, whether you limit out or not.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #142 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Nice fish Slipbob!!  I think this week is setting up to be great.  Mid November with a warm up to mid 50 deg days and the first quarter moon at the end of the week.  Sounds like prime conditions to me!  I'm back to work tommorow but hope to get out after em' toward the end of the week.  The fish in this neck of the woods seem to be transitioning to their winter hangouts as well.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #143 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:46 PM »
Maybe you aren't slippin, it could just be that the population of walleye in your secret place is slippin.

Out4Trout

« Reply #144 on: Nov 19, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Hey I was just courious Slipbob, do those walleye or any fish in your area have high levels of murcury in them? Here in Maine we get acid rain from our neighbors to the west of us, and our fish have murcury in them from it. There are warnings in the law books about eating fresh water fish. The general guideline is about 1 to 2 meals of fish a month max. I think your every other night of fish exceeds that.  ;D . Do you have any problems with acid rain in your area?

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #145 on: Nov 19, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Maybe you aren't slippin, it could just be that the population of walleye in your secret place is slippin.

Not a chance.  The lake has the unique problem of being underfished and the walleyes are there in huge numbers.   Imagine a lake several miles long that has at most 5 or 10 guys over the course of two days fishing the whole place.  Pretty sweet!  Even lakes that have huge populations of certain fish have periods especially in early spring, summer and late fall when the shore fishing is just tough no matter how good you are.  Now if you have or use a boat it's a whole different story.  Catching fish with a boat when you can troll and use sonar is almost too easy.  ;)  I know a lot of so called walleye gurus who can catch limits consistantly while trolling with dowriggers and planer boards but once you stick em on the bank of their favorite walleye lake it's not so easy then.  ;D 

having a boat definitely makes all the difference for numbers in a lake or reservoir. shore fishing for walleyes an awful slow night is 2, but a fast night is only 6 or 7. It generally, at least for me, is a consistent 4 fish around 15" plus... very rarely is it any better or any worse. I could go any time of year except late fall and early spring, even in the dead of summer, and get 4 walleyes about that size. GO figure, as long as you can find good fishing spots there is no reason you shouldn't be able to catch fish in the dead of summer too, I do it in 100+ degree weather!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #146 on: Nov 21, 2004, 08:57 PM »
can't wait for some real shanty time, and not just daydreamin.  ;)
nice stringer, SB. tight lines.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

jf5

« Reply #147 on: Nov 22, 2004, 12:23 PM »
Slipbob,

Nice going on the fish yet again.  Those are some tasty looking walleyes.

Jason

wny angler

« Reply #148 on: Nov 22, 2004, 01:04 PM »
c,mon slip bob   ;)    you mean to tell me you couldn,t catch 2 at a time on the same lure  :P
             nice stringer of fish :clapping:

Bartman44

« Reply #149 on: Nov 23, 2004, 07:40 PM »
SB,

What the latest dealio on the Res? Boat is put away  for the season so I'm shorebound now (unless I throw the canoe in somewhere). 

Looks like a free weekend ahead for me for a change.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.