FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hood's Fishin Adventures --> Crazy LOON! 5/17 (p9) Video on p10  (Read 26320 times)

Deposit

Those are some beuts...even when they are squirmy LOL

Hood

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- week of 4/19 Beerman's BIG Salmon!
« Reply #46 on: Apr 19, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Had the bug to salmon fish again this morn, mike had the day off and I could miss my only class at 10 am without issue, beerman had a mandatory lab at 2....get there early, fish hard then jet! At the lake by 5 and dragged the boat in the dark....

Nightime Sun  ;)

Worked our way down the shore picking up some green carp at first light....lots of premature jubilation when they first hit, then the rod goes limp  ::) Mike had a nice strike but didnt get a hookset...onward... Sun is just peeking and beerman has a salmon rise over his line, he quick reels in and casts in front of it....BAM! Fish nails it screams off some line, doubles back and clears the water, HOLY SHNIKIES its a slob!! A few more runs and a half-assed jump and the fish is boatside for a net. 27" 9lbs and FAT!!! :o

The fish was hooked bad and obviously not gonna make it, we always release our salmon but had no choice today but to keep it and not let it suffer and go to waste.  :-\  Beerman has a killer dill cream sauce recipe for salmon so it will be thoroughly enjoyed and consumed.

Here is the Farley shot for the day  :rotflol:

We kept on keepin on to no avail, we had a few follows but they just would not hit, except of course for some more greenies. It was gettin to be that time to head for the truck and get back in time, we laid out a trolling spread and got our speed down. In the middle of BS-ing my rod doubled over and I was rewarded with this sweet jumping hookjaw around 4 lbs....Quick photo and back into the lake, all in all an AWESOME morning!

The HOG back home

GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- 4/19 Beerman's BIG Salmon!
« Reply #47 on: Apr 19, 2006, 03:18 PM »
awesome guys!!  those salmon are cool!
You should build a boat carrier.  2 bicycle wheels, and build a little cradle to put the boat in.  then it is easy to balance and walk in.  I used to walk mine in 2 miles to a pond in NJ that had some awesome fish in it.  My ex caught a 9 lb lmb on top there.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Hood

« Reply #48 on: Apr 19, 2006, 03:22 PM »
thats a good idea oc...we will have to get rollin on that ;D
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Out4Trout

« Reply #49 on: Apr 19, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Wow, you guys are really getting into the Salmon, nice fish. That pic of you pushing the boat thru the woods is a classic.  ;D  :clapping:

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #50 on: Apr 19, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Tommy Boy!  ;D  d**n, that's an awesome sammie!!  I'm dying to try that place...If you guys get an open seat some morning, let me know...I'd love to get over there and try my luck at gettin a salmon like that.  ;) :D  Way to go Dom!

-Zach

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #51 on: Apr 19, 2006, 04:03 PM »
WOW DUDE!!! WHAT A SAMMY!

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
Those snakes are cool. Looks like beerman was gonna just crush it off the tee!

The most important word there is "looks" as harry pointed out i have a hell of a power fade.  Hard left and swings way back to the right.  That was one of the best drives i had all day though!!
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

akdg

« Reply #53 on: Apr 19, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Man, are you guys fishing in that pond behind the hatchery? ;) JK   Nice fish you guys, that one of Beerman's is a pig! Keep the pics coming :thumbup_smilie:

jjf

« Reply #54 on: Apr 19, 2006, 07:55 PM »
nice fish :flex: :bowdown:

Fishingking

« Reply #55 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:17 PM »
HOLY SMOKES THAT SALMON IS HUGE and yes I was yelling :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

devil-man

« Reply #56 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:39 PM »
NY is the best. Period.
I really like your guys' adventures, stories, and pics.
Nice salmon!

Pikeguy

« Reply #57 on: Apr 20, 2006, 08:41 AM »
Sweet fish guys! I don't know nothin bout no Salmon, but I know that one's BIG ;D This thread is gonna be a mile or 3 long if you guys keep it up ;)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #58 on: Apr 20, 2006, 03:06 PM »
thats a good idea oc...we will have to get rollin on that ;D
I'll try to dig up a pic, then it would be easy to dupe.  It definitely was way easier to get the boat to remote places...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #59 on: Apr 20, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Hey, i thought chris farley OD'd?  Nice fish there guys...i bet they were a blast!!  Tommy does love winggyyy and fishyyyy!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.