FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yesterdays whiskers  (Read 2329 times)

grumpymoe

yesterdays whiskers
« on: Aug 01, 2004, 06:15 PM »
well...invite from my friend derek to get out for channel cats on the red at selkirk saturday morning......bright and early....after pre fish warmup at tim hortons......1st in line for the launch.....6:00 am and its channel cat time...it took abit of cruising around...lots of baitfish on the finder...it will take many more before we settle down for the day on the hotspot!!!!...we catch the odd one......until the Titanic 11 goes down with a dead battery....here we are waiting for roadside assistance.... and the humble captain of the Titanic 11 with his new ride.... ;D ;D...luckily with a cell phone...help arrives in the form of his better half...daughter...and mother-in-law....and its back to some serious fishing...the only fish we measured....the captain complained several times that the fish was getting heavy....no time to tape the length...BTW this one measured out at 37"...3 over master angler...so judge the rest of the pics...now everyone says they are ugly fish.....what do you think??? snuggles with this one??? i can do better...much better ;D ;D ;D ;D....now GeRm.....if you're watching.....wanna kiss this puppy??....simcoes reincarnation of Moby Dick....or something like that.......one trophy when its not ready to come and meet the captain ;D ;D ;D...and once again...meets the face of the master of Titanic 11....the captain catches the largest fish of his life.....and looks to me like he's not only beaming...he's one happy fisherman....all in all we had one heck of a great day......the smallest fish....sorry no pic....was a measly 10lber....all were released to fight another day...grump :P :P :P

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: yesterdays whiskers
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2004, 06:40 PM »
Great job Grump! Those are some beautiful cats! :)

-Zach

Reelmaster

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2004, 07:12 PM »
Way to go Grump. Looks like you had an awesome time hammering those big cats. What were you using for bait. Keep em coming
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2004, 10:01 AM »
Great pics Grump!!  Looks like one heck of a good time.  :o
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Those are some beautiful cats, I sure can't catch them like that!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2004, 01:38 PM »
Grump buddy those are some nice fish. Man does that give me the fever for some cat's. Hey man do not forget about lake x on Saturday. Some more great pictures for everyone to drool on. ;) ;) Again congrats on that great fishing. 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

trapperdirk

« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Awesome Grumpy . ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2004, 02:42 PM »
Beauties Capt. Grump!  Looks like your keeping busy with the kittyfish. ;D

wny angler

« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2004, 04:08 PM »
nice catch,those are some big beautiful cats,wish they grew that big down here

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Moe,  Those fish are huge!!!  ;D  I didn't get the complete download the first time due to the artifact computer I have.  Do you eat them?  Bet they're tasty coming from the cold water?  Got a good recipe for battered fish that would do them justice... 
GeRm you have to give one of those wiskered fish a kiss!  They probably won't fart on ya like those elusive lings do, (wait I think I have you and FishermenJake confussed.)

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2004, 11:36 AM »
hey barleydog....its been afew years since i last ate one...well not that long...long before they put a 24" max slot size for keepers, i used to smoke them....the only good eating ones are actually in the 3-5lb range....and even though the fishery is in great shape, i dont think i would keep one now.....but they sure are tasty with a cold blue.... ;D ;D  grump

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2004, 04:23 PM »
Nice fish Grump!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.