FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one though  (Read 4012 times)

stguy

Re: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one though
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2020, 04:33 PM »
Terrific fish right there! Congrats, you are building quite a good gallery of client pictures.
Thanks Jethro!!

It's been an incredible year guiding and I have hundreds if not 1000 pictures, haven't posted many because of the covid thing.

stguy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2020, 04:52 AM »
Wow. Over 9 LBS. Massively girthy fish.  Way to go, Glen!

Thanks Jim, imagine what it was like 50 years ago when a 9 pounder was fairly common.

I'm trying to imagine a 22 pound landlocked salmon.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:40 AM »
The first one was 7 pounds

Thanks for the reply.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Amazing fish!! The big lake has treated you well this year
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

fishlessman

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:02 AM »
incredible  fish and incredible day.  is that what you sent me sunday, my old flip phone doesnt work well out on the water

stguy

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:20 AM »
Amazing fish!! The big lake has treated you well this year

It sure has, in so many ways...my dream is coming true!!

stguy

« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:27 AM »
incredible  fish and incredible day.  is that what you sent me sunday, my old flip phone doesnt work well out on the water

Yes, you were 100 yards from us when we caught it, you must have heard all the commotion.

fishlessman

« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:38 AM »
Yes, you were 100 yards from us when we caught it, you must have heard all the commotion.

there wasnt much time to look around ;D sunday was all different, slowed way back but got a chance to learn the area better

seamonkey84

« Reply #23 on: Oct 14, 2020, 11:56 PM »
Wow that’s a beast! I really hope to get out this fall and get to feel some weight on the end of the line lol.
TaxID, I believe he says he’s not getting it mounted because they’re out of season now lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

saltyshores

« Reply #24 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:40 AM »
Glen, 2x trophy salmon in one year, quite the accomplishment!

somewhere in between 6 and 10 years old I believe, maybe older? saltyshores (on this forum) would know (they grow much faster than lake trout/don't live as long as lake trout).

The large landlocked salmon that I have seen ranged from 7-10 years  old . Salmon grow faster than togue. Congrats ts on a real beauty.

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Wow that’s a beast! I really hope to get out this fall and get to feel some weight on the end of the line lol.
TaxID, I believe he says he’s not getting it mounted because they’re out of season now lol.

I missed that!

The season for smallmouth opens really late in Michigan and Canada this way. I don't know how many times I've heard of people releasing monster smallmouth because the season was still closed.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.