FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Trout Fishing Has Begun!!  (Read 1851 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Fall Trout Fishing Has Begun!!
« on: Oct 18, 2020, 02:44 PM »
First couple hours on the river for the season. The water was crazy low. The lowest I've seen it in my 20 years of fishing it. Despite the low water, I was still able to find some decent fish, including the most attractive Brook Trout I've ever caught. I also caught a what I think is a decent Salmon (sometimes I have a hard telling the difference between a dark salmon and a brown.) I love this time of year, and its only going to get better!!! Link to the footage below if interested in checking it out!!

Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
Re: Fall Trout Fishing Has Begun!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Looks like a salmon to me. Enjoyed the video.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:56 PM »
I hit that stretch the day after you, Josh, and fared about the same.  Higher flows would help concentrate the fish more.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Looks like a salmon to me. Enjoyed the video.

Definitely a salmon. The darker ones confuse me initially sometimes!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:50 PM »
I hit that stretch the day after you, Josh, and fared about the same.  Higher flows would help concentrate the fish more.
Seems to be the trend!! Hoping Saturday’s rain brings the levels up

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Seems to be the trend!! Hoping Saturday’s rain brings the levels up
I hit Shawmut right at dusk on Saturday trying for a couple bass before shooting back south. Water seemed to be where it should be (good 6"-1' or more above where it was two weeks prior). No bass, some trout rising though. Wish I had had my fly rods with me. The Penobscot was running high earlier in the day, about two or more feet above where it was last weekend.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:42 AM »
good looking salmon! looks like a male.  They don't stock that stretch (with salmon) correct? lake/reservoir drop down? Try your fly rod sometime for some salmon there sometime, you'll be hooked  ;)

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2020, 12:01 PM »
They haven’t stocked salmon down there from what I’ve seen. Probably a wash down, or an elusive native/wild that runs that stretch!

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2020, 09:40 PM »
Mouth doesn't extend past the eye...nice salmon indeed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.