FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Arvada Reservoir  (Read 2686 times)

mscottcody

Arvada Reservoir
« on: Mar 30, 2004, 07:53 AM »
With Arvada's opener coming up, has anyone fished there before? Besides the "No gas motors" rules, any other tips that might help me out there for the first time on the lake?

raleigh

Re: Arvada Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2004, 06:47 PM »
It has almost been two years sence I have fished there. I moved from Arvada about a year an a half ago. If you have a little boat with a trowling moter that is your best beat. This is where I always fished, go down the trail and stop right before you get to the wildlife area. You will see a little open space. Stop and fish there for trout. In that spot you have to cast out a long way, there is a chanel that runs through the lake at about 50 to 70 yards. The trout swim right through that chanel. For bass you have to fish the other side of the lake around all the trees. An for pearch go to the dam and fish around the big water pump, thats where I always did best. An for muskey, don't know I have never caught one out of there. But they are around and they are big. They always stock that lake with A LOT of trout. So it should not be to hard to catch them. You can try fishing around the boat dock to. Trout seam to stick around the south side of the lake. Well good luck !!! If you have any more queastions just let me know. I have probley fished Arvada Res. over 50 times. One thing I left out......In 2002, 7000 cuttthrought where stocked in Arvada.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.