FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Reservoir by Central City?  (Read 3918 times)

mscottcody

Reservoir by Central City?
« on: Nov 26, 2004, 03:27 PM »
I was at Sportman's Warehouse today and one of the guys in the fishing department said he was hearing great things about a reservoir up by Central City. I couldn't find anything on the map. Any idea where or which body of water he might mean? He also said the Snake River inlet was doing great for Kokes with ice anywhere from 5 to 2 inches.

FishHawk

Re: Reservoir by Central City?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2004, 10:51 PM »
There are a few small reservoirs in Gilpin County,  one is 1-2 acres in size and right next to the Central City Water plant.  west of town by the cemeteries.  another is Missouri Lake, but that is private fishing and requires residency in the subdivision.  another is the Central City reservoir, which is North of the cemeteries.  That reservoir is by permit only and for city residents only. 
Fishing, what else is there to say?

mscottcody

Re: Reservoir by Central City?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Thanks for the info. I went to the Snake River Inlet on saturday. Very cold and snowey. Heard lots of "you should have been here yesterday" stories. Action was much slower. One guy was doing pretty good (6 to 8 kokonee). Looked like he was using solid orange super dupers. I caught a couple on orange/silver kastmaster. Trying Lake John on Friday, any reports from there yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.