MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Jigging

What style of Jig do you use?

<< < (2/2)

Colorado_Ice:
I just picked up a pack of the Trout Magnet jigs for my nephew the other night. I'll let you know how they work for us as soon as we try them.

For those that have not seen them, Leland's Lures has a website at:

http://www.troutmagnet.com

Mackdaddy21:
For walleyes and bass, I like twistertail grubs or sassy shads on 1/8 or 1/4 ounce jigheads. Pike seem to really like bigger shads and grubs on heavier jigheads, and trout will inhale all of these as well. Crappie and bluegill are suckers for small tubes or small grubs fished on small jigheads underneath slip bobbers. And of course, the 2.5" to 3.5" tube jig fished on a 1/4 ounce jighead is the greatest lake trout lure out there. Pike will hit tubes as well.

Tyler

cnyfishing:
For Walleye and smallmouths I like bucktail jigs, for panfish I like 1/32oz jigs with a 1 inch twister tail

wallyhuntr:
use jigs 99 percent of the time winter and summer. vertical mostly. even in summer. lake is stained water, flatland res. chartruse or white. and glow. 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz depending on depth. If I cast to the banks in early spring I will generally use a 1/4 oz road runner style jig tipped with a minnow. during ice, usually use 1/8  to 1/4 round head tipped with a minnow. When the water starts to warm up and the fish get active. while others are pulling bottom bouncers etc I will be using a 3/8 oz  with curly tail grub or a worm. fish almost exclusively for walleye. and this method works for me. plus even though I may not catch anything. I enjoy being able to feel what that jig is doing. and the bite.when I do get one.

Water Wolf:
I have quite a few jig heads for different bodies and applications. If I am jigging with them I like the regular ballhead jigs or ones with a rattle collar. If I am trolling or casting them I like the bullet heads, stand-up heads, thumper heads, rock walker heads and whistle jigs.
In sizes 1/4 to 3/4 oz and a wide variety of colors. :w00t:

WW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version