FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WHERE IS EVERYONE!?  (Read 10036 times)

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
Re: WHERE IS EVERYONE!?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:13 PM »
oic i have been to fairbault before...... i think it was last year, we went on this bike trail type deal and saw some beatiful lakes and rivers, i see why u wouldnt need to go far from home. ;D I remember eating at the train depot place and that was really good ;D
-cole

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #16 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Yea that is called the Depot bar and grill it is one of the best spots to eat in town but yea the lakes and rivers you would have seen on the bike trail depending on how far you went would have been the cannon river chain which consist of upper and lower sakatah, cannon lake and the cannon river all of these are connected by the cannon river. Just with-in 15 minutes from my house there are 7 lakes plus 2 rivers so I have plenty of water to fish.

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Yea i remember going over a bridge of the cannon river, i seem to remember it being very green and slimy.......is that rite? ;D
-cole

TJ Bauer

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Yes the hole chain of lakes and the river have very green alge blooms some times it almost looks like there is chunks floating in the water. Not one of the cleanest lakes around.

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2005, 12:26 AM »
i no how that is, i have a cabin on lake madison north of sioux falls and its on the south end, so if the wind blows from the north it gets GREEN! it smells and sometimes gets so thick that u can drop little pebbles and they will float on top of it, luckily during summer most of the winds are from the south ;D
-cole

TJ Bauer

« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2005, 12:35 AM »
yea we have the same thing on the lake my Mom and Dad live on but the bad water for a week or two in the summer is worth the rest of the year.       

TJ Bauer

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2005, 07:32 AM »
DEFFINETLY!!! ;D
-cole

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:29 PM »
still no one posting.........
-cole

Kodiakman

• "...sometimes the bear gits you."
« Reply #23 on: Sep 14, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Ok...I'll Post... ;D

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2005, 08:16 AM »
haha unfortunatly ur from the rong side of the state ;D haha i think its more of, im on the rong side of the state! I love the black hills! ;D
-cole

nehusker13

« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2005, 07:11 PM »
welcome to the sites.. they are great as you probably know.. how has the fishing been up there in waubay this year? went last year and it seemed it was a real bad time to go.. fish were slow but we caught the mayfly hatch.. i think thats what they were anyway.. lol... im south of you quite a ways.. Iowa.. Sioux City.. but I love it up there.. lived in the Brookings area for a while.. want to go back that way terribly.. permanently too.. fishing is sooo much better than here!!

nehusker13

« Reply #26 on: Sep 20, 2005, 05:34 PM »
didnt go to school there.. had a friend that lived up there and i was looking to go somewhere else and he called me up, offered me a job and off i went.. he was my fishing and hunting buddy, so it was a great time.. the wildlife in the area was just amazing... then i got hurt at work, had to have surgery on my shoulder and couldnt move my arm for about a year... that sucked!!! came back to iowa and stayed with family till things got better.. just never made it back up there and i regret it!!! he now lives in flandreau...  to me the best fishing around me is yankton.. but it all depends on what you are fishing for.. there are tons of farm ponds that have some huge bass, and if you can find the right ponds real big crappie...

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #27 on: Sep 20, 2005, 10:23 PM »
hey all! welcome to the site waubay fisher! finally sum people starting to post!!! ;D
-cole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.