MFF US Northeast > Rhode Island

Narragansett in late August

<< < (2/3) > >>

SHaRPS:
Shoot me a PM with some info and maybe you can join me on one of my adventures. August can be epic and the freezer can be filled in a 3 hour trip.

Steve H.:
Thanks Sharps!  That's mighty generous of you to offer and I'd love to take you up on it.  With the fishing/species, I'm mostly interested in stripers and possibly bonito if they're available near shore (albies come later, I understand).  I mostly fly fish but throw spinning gear too and bottom fish if I thought I'd have a shot at fluke, tog, etc.  Basically happy doing anything, but throwing a clouser on the 8-wt to mid-20" stripers is my favorite.  I also plan to wade the beaches when and where I can (early mornings).

Bartman44:
That's good info for me also Sharps, thanks,  and good eats there too.

Steve, I have some good shore striper spots for the fly rod, I'll send you some.

Bart

SHaRPS:
There you go Steve. Bart will hook you up with shore spots and I am sure they are the same ones I could offer.

For Bonito, they may be around but that really will depend on conditions, water temps, and bait flow. Either way, there is always something in our waters. Bones do make some awesome sushi!

Steve H.:
Thanks again, guys!  Already looking forward to it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version