FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beautiful Upper Fish Lake...  (Read 1389 times)

LundProv

Beautiful Upper Fish Lake...
« on: Jul 02, 2023, 10:27 PM »
I have been wanting to get back over to upper fish lake for a few weeks now but life has been in the way.  I fish the back yard lake for a bit, just about daily and needed a change of scenery.  I headed over about 3:30 pm and was launched and fishing by 4:30.  It was kind of thick and muggy outside but once I had a crappie on, I forgot all about the weather.  This is just a very nice small lake with a great launch and a good resource.  I am a very simple fisherman and simply troll twister tails through various depths.  It seemed 10' was a good target range at about 1.2 mph with the I-pilot.  I worked the shoreline and was grateful the lake debris of floating vegatation was much less than my last visit.  I did several loops around upper fish lake and had 12 nice crappies with the largest at 13", 10 gills that were all right at 8" and a 17 1/2" walleye.  There were also several interruptions with aggressive undersized bass showing up from time to time.  As I made my loops around the lake, I found and had good conversation with other fisherman and people on the shore.  It seemed as if everyone was in a light and good hearted mood with the opportunity to just be outside and forget about all the political and leadership drama in our country.  The music from shore ranged from Brandy, your a fine girl to several of the Beach boy hits... Getting back to nature and getting outside is a great escape and seems to be a peaceful common denominator for many to relax and unwind.  As evening came, camp fires were popping up and fireworks were spontaneously erupting in all directions.  I got off the water before the mosquitoes started feasting.  As I was heading towards the ramp to leave, I had been talking to a couple about my age that expressed hope and optimism that they would catch enough for a fish fry over the weekend.  Checking in with them found that they had only caught a couple so I contributed my catch to their fish fry.  They were very appreciative of the gesture and you would have thought that walleye was a T-bone.  The drive home was just fun and almost had me thinking I was young again with all the windows down in the chick magnet (Suburban) and cranking up the Pandora Casting Crowns station.  Nothing better than cruising with the windows down on a warm summer evening, reflecting on the blessing of the days past and the days to come.  Get out and enjoy this creation He has blessed us with...

bigr

Re: Beautiful Upper Fish Lake...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2023, 05:29 AM »
A men to all that. We are blessed and i can tell your a man that truly appreciates his blessings.

BBLoon

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2023, 11:06 AM »
You certainly seem to enjoy your time on the water, Lund!

gilldan

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2023, 03:18 PM »
As always, good reading and glad to see that you enjoy sharing just as much as I do.  Keep up the good adventures.  I'm laid up right now so it gives me something to read and pass the time with.  Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be healed up to enjoy getting back on the water.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2023, 09:26 AM »
Thanks for the report, I love this lake too!!  Was just out there, and probably will be another half dozen times before I'm back on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.