MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Jigging

jiggin for eyes

<< < (3/6) > >>

OTIS:
Thanks, I'll give that knot a test run tonight!  Do you remove the split rings from your lures before you tie on the fireline?  I don't have a problem with the palmento knot on the eye's of jigs, but on those split rings on the cranks it breaks as soon as the knot hits it.

bigredfishing:

--- Quote from: OTIS on Mar 30, 2006, 02:50 PM ---Thanks, I'll give that knot a test run tonight!  Do you remove the split rings from your lures before you tie on the fireline? 

--- End quote ---

no, but I do add a drop of superglue when tying to split rings to keep the line from slipping into the break.

King Fisher:
I also like the bouncing presentation!

slipbob:

--- Quote from: OTIS on Mar 30, 2006, 02:50 PM ---  Do you remove the split rings from your lures before you tie on the fireline? 

--- End quote ---

With stickbaits I now ALWAYS remove the split ring on the lure and just tie directly to a snap.  Much more reliable action with the lure that way.  With the split rings if the gap hits the eye of the lure the action is lost and by taking the ring right off and just using a plain snap you don't ever have to worry about it. 

walleyechaser:

--- Quote from: slipbob on Jun 30, 2006, 02:03 PM ---With stickbaits I now ALWAYS remove the split ring on the lure and just tie directly to a snap.  Much more reliable action with the lure that way.  With the split rings if the gap hits the eye of the lure the action is lost and by taking the ring right off and just using a plain snap you don't ever have to worry about it. 

--- End quote ---

SB I've now taken the split rings off all my cranks and have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of fish I catch.  I use a very small snap.
So much easier to change lures after dark.  I'd recommend this to anyone fishing any cranks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version