FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Marcum Humminbird Marriage  (Read 1229 times)

CF

Marcum Humminbird Marriage
« on: Mar 29, 2021, 11:52 AM »
Any suggestion or ideas are welcome! I have 3 boats that it will likely get used on at some point. Portable/removable will be helpful. Just playing with it for the moment. The Marcum transducer is a LOT heavier that the Humminbird one. Not confident the Humminbird  cup will hold.

I haven’t yet figured the best way to connect the Humminbird cup to the Marcum ducer. Marcum doesn’t make a suction cup attachment. A couple lathe pieced and zip ties so far! haha! It won’t be adjustable like this. I’m not intending to cut any parts. Just staring to think it over. 

Here it is stuck to a window. Seems pretty stuck. Had to peel the cup edge to remove. Still, that ducer is pretty heavy!
Formerly CLAMFARMER

CF

Re: Marcum Humminbird Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2021, 03:16 PM »
Got some great ideas from Finger Lakes guys and a couple Mainers! More is better! Thanks!
Formerly CLAMFARMER

SilverSides

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Remove the 2 screws, cut the zip ties, and now it's adjustable.

SilverSides

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Remove the 2 screws, cut the zip ties, and now it's adjustable.
Or remove the pivot bolt, buy a longer bolt for the suction cup and drill thru the aluminum and wood. Attach with longer bolt thru everything

CF

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:34 AM »
Or remove the pivot bolt, buy a longer bolt for the suction cup and drill thru the aluminum and wood. Attach with longer bolt thru everything
Thanks! I won’t use the wood. It was just for thinking it over. One guy sent me a tilting arm and clamp. Kinda like an out tilt bracket. I am going to look at that too. I’m not sure I understand your first suggestion. I stared at the rig for a while and don’t  see that yet.... Maybe I need to hold my tongue different. hehe
Formerly CLAMFARMER

SilverSides

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Basically just eliminating the Marcum aluminum bracket

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.