FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mooring my boat  (Read 1481 times)

0Dark30

Mooring my boat
« on: Jun 06, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Has anybody ever used the screw in auger type moorings for their boat? Do you like them? I am going to put a mooring in for my 19 foot holiday in 3 feet of water out in front of camp. I will only use it 3 weeks a year but i don't want to have to trailer or beach the boat every night. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpfull. I want to put in something that can be used for a long time and be easy for the wife to use when i am not upta camp with her and the munchkins, so just the anchor isn't an option. Thanks in advance
Vegetarian= Ancient Indian word for bad fisherman!

saltyshores

Re: Mooring my boat
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I haven't moored a boat in a lake, but I moor a 21' fiberglass boat in the ocean every summer.  I use a 75 lb. mushroom anchor with 10 feet of 1" diameter chain, followed by 25 feet of 1/2" chain then a swivel then a mooring ballon with a 1" diameter rope that is 15 feet long. Once I drop the mushroom anchor in the water each year, I attach the mooring rope to the bow and let the outboard pull hard in reverse to drag the mushroom enough to fill it with mud, then it always holds perfectly and my boat has weathered some really rough storms. You'll want either a self-bailing floor or a bilge pump if the boat is moored during rainy weather.

Good luck,
              Salty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.