FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adirondacks  (Read 13760 times)

Tom Leitz

Re: Adirondacks
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2010, 05:34 AM »
Just a note, don't plan on a boat to use. DEC spent two months pulling them, including use of helicopter....
So where was that in the budget??? Heard they got between 100-200 boats. Good news is if you have the info of your you can buy it back!!!!

Do you have a source for this?

Ranger_Bound

• S-130/S-190 training at the Ranger School
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:35 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2010, 08:42 AM »
why do people have to chain up the boats in the middle of the woods. makes no seince to me. i left a boat at a pond and 6 years later its still there being used. if people just put them back there would be no problems. and i always carry a tube of underwater weld for any holes that are the boats i find.  has anybody tried fishing eaglesnest pond. above eigth lake.

tonebea

« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2010, 08:50 AM »
why do people have to chain up the boats in the middle of the woods. makes no seince to me. i left a boat at a pond and 6 years later its still there being used. if people just put them back there would be no problems. and i always carry a tube of underwater weld for any holes that are the boats i find.  has anybody tried fishing eaglesnest pond. above eigth lake.

I've fished Eagle Nest a few times, but not in quite a few years. Never had much luck there.

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:17 AM »
alright i was just thinking about trying it while i go to bug lake.

tonebea

« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:22 AM »
There are supposed to be brookies in Eagle Nest, but it's tough to fish, even with a boat. It's small, especially for trolling, and tough to fish from shore with all the trees/logs in the water.

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:31 AM »
yea ive heard ther were brookies in it to. but your right theres timber all over the shore. no were to shore fish. i guess its time to go to my secret pond. southern adirondacks.

adkbrookie

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2010, 12:07 PM »

b/c boats get the crap beaten out of them bu people who don't care. we had one stashed back in a bit from shore that got found and pretty much destroyed. took it out, fixed it, and found a better spot. people who lock the boats just don't want to do a little extra work of hiding the boat. i've used others boats plenty of times and always put them back where they were. a little respect goes a long way.

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #23 on: Mar 24, 2010, 01:18 PM »
agreed. i think that if you find it put it back in the same spot. ive reapared numerouse boats in the backwoods ive found. underwater weld is the bomb. works great . i just think chaing a boat is a bit rediculouse. i guess im just not that kinda person. ;) i leave my boat ulocked and its been fine 4 3 years now.  if your gonna chain it up then that gives more people the incentive to destroy the chain and take the boat. 90 percent of us are good people . i wont desrtoy youir boat. i promise

adkbrookie

« Reply #24 on: Mar 24, 2010, 03:16 PM »
\ if your gonna chain it up then that gives more people the incentive to destroy the chain and take the boat.

2X

KillerBee42

« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:49 PM »

I read or saw that too, (that DEC was removing all boats),   >:(

Storage of Personal Belongings on State Land: Please be aware that the State Land Use Regulation was revised, effective May 2009, to prohibit the placing structures or personal property on state land without authorization from DEC. Boats, camps, etc.should be removed from state lands or they will be removed by Environmental Conservation Officers or Forest Rangers. Exceptions include to the prohibition include:

a geocache that is labeled with the owner's name and address and installed in a manner that does not disturb the natural conditions of the site or injure a tree;
a camping structure or equipment that is placed and used legally pursuant to this Part;
a legally placed trap or appurtenance that is placed and used during trapping season;
a tree stand or hunting blind that does not injure a tree, is properly marked or tagged with the owner's name and address or valid hunting or fishing license number, and is placed and used during big game season, migratory game bird season, or turkey season; or
a wildlife viewing blind or stand that is placed for a duration not to exceed thirty (30) days in one location per calendar year, does not injure a tree, and is properly marked or tagged with the owner's name and address or valid hunting or fishing license number

Da Slab Ossassin

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 24, 2010, 06:48 PM »
lets hike licence fees and take all the boats away then hike licenses again.great idea new york.lets continue to mess with outdoorsmen.....its their passion so the they will pay anything and deal with anything.They wonder why there are so many outlaws.They cause it.NY=Scumbags.no money but lets go get old canoes.its only a matter of time before more are there but better hidden.Vote out the blind idiot!

bigbrookie

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:40 AM »
gotta love our state. luckily i put my name and address on the 2 i have stashed, so hopefully they are still there

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:06 AM »
i hear you. i have 3 stashed. they better still be there or ill cry :'(

bigbrookie

« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:44 AM »
it sucks walkin in 3-10 miles only to for your boat to be gone. been there done that, don't care to do it again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.