FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adirondacks  (Read 13770 times)

mealworm

• snoogan
Re: Adirondacks
« Reply #45 on: Mar 27, 2010, 07:31 AM »
Gentlemen:  Thank you very much for all the advice.  I ended up buying a new Radisson, 12' Olive Drab Green.  Been trying to get comfortable with it for the past few days but no good.  I have no problem carrying it.  The biggest issue I'm having is getting in and out of it.  I had knee surgery a few months back to put a temporary fix on some severe arthritis but still have some limited range of motion bending the knee.  This canoe is just too low to the ground for me.  Oh well, it was worth a try.  Gonna put the thing on Craig's list next week and stick with a row boat on 13th and 8th! 

Thanks again!

Mike
check out the inflatable boats by sea eagle there very comfy there stable enough that you can stand u and move around easily also they are very light weight and can fold up to fit in a big back pack,i have the sea eagle 8 which is plenty big enough for 2 people
                                                           http://www.seaeagle.com/MotorMountBoats.aspx?hullID=SE8

keva

« Reply #46 on: Mar 28, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys! I really appreciate it. When I make plans, I will let you guys know. I will be sure to take a camera too!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: Mar 29, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Gentlemen:  Thank you very much for all the advice.  I ended up buying a new Radisson, 12' Olive Drab Green.  Been trying to get comfortable with it for the past few days but no good.  I have no problem carrying it.  The biggest issue I'm having is getting in and out of it.  I had knee surgery a few months back to put a temporary fix on some severe arthritis but still have some limited range of motion bending the knee.  This canoe is just too low to the ground for me.  Oh well, it was worth a try.  Gonna put the thing on Craig's list next week and stick with a row boat on 13th and 8th! 

Thanks again!

Mike
I have a Radisson. I do love it, but the seats that come with them are horrible. I tote around a small boat seat in mine. I prop the front of my seat up with whatever is handy when I'm trolling. Lay back and straighten the legs out a bit. I know that won't help getting in and out of it.
Get ahold of Combsey. The dude loves buying stuff. No kids yet lol. You may not have to fart around with craigs list.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

adkbrookie

« Reply #48 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:56 PM »
cut the legs off a lawn chair

mealworm

• snoogan
« Reply #49 on: Mar 30, 2010, 08:01 AM »
i saw a guy using those short legged beach chairs in his radisson,he said it was as comfy as can be and it folded up and bungeed in with his oars witch made it easy to carry in to those way back in ponds

jd110tlb

« Reply #50 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:23 PM »
I just sit on a boat seat cushion. I had to move the center crossbar back a little bit . Being 6' 7" needed a little more room LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.