FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My first big Crappie  (Read 2866 times)

Trophy Hunter639

My first big Crappie
« on: Oct 14, 2004, 11:45 PM »
I finally got my pictures back here is my first nice one it was my second crappie ever on my first time fishing for them.It was 14 3/4" and released to grow.                         

operaman

Re: My first big Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Hell of a slab....very nice!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Nice Crappie TH!  Only your second one ??? you've got to give em' a try through the ice!  Lot's of action, lot's of fun! ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:08 AM »
Good one Trophy!  That must be a master angler award for sure.  You know, in all the years I've lived here, I've never caught a crappie, but then, I've never gone out to fish for them either.  May have to try that lake when the ice is on, if I can tear myself away from L. Manitoba and the hoards of eager perch.  What were you using, and how deep? Were they suspended?

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Thanks guys.JW I'm hooked on crappie now since that pic i went after them again and an 11"er was my biggest that day but I'll definatly be giving them a shot through the ice this winter which may be sooner than later as it is snowing outside as i type this ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D That is as MonoPhil said if i can tear myself away from l manitoba perch action which can be crazy!!.MonoPhil I caught that drifting a 1/16 oz chartruese jig with a half crawler on bottom somewhere around 30fow.They were marking everywhere but we caught 95% of our fish that day on the bottom.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Oh man I bet your itchin' now.  We might see our first flakes tonight.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:55 AM »
YOU BET JW I can hardly friggin wait you should see my co-workers expressions when i'm sitting out at coffee loving the cold weather and saying how i can't wait for it to get colder ;D  ;D  ;D People think I'm nuts ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Thanks bud....the much anticipated pic sure looks great....awesome crappie!!! pretty nice size for a target now....keep em coming....Grump ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Thanks Grump I really need to invest in a digital camera i'm getting tired of haveing to wait so long for my pics to come back and paying the extra 4 bucks for a cd.Then I need to take some photography lessons from you as you sure take top notch pics.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Very nice buddy. You sure catch some nice fish. Well maybe tommorrow big walleye and the grumpster can catch  something big besides a cold. Past a car on the highway tonight that had some serious snow on the roof. Let the ice begin. 8) 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2004, 09:11 AM »
I hope you and Grump have a great day you should as Sandy lake was always a fun lake to fish and I got to know it pretty well when we had a cabin there take lots of pics for me I miss that little lake!

genz_man

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2004, 03:32 AM »
Nice crappie 8) If you can get on a school of the bigunz hold on tight. We hammer'm thru the ice sometimes and it is just pure fun to say the least :thumbup_smilie:

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Thanks genz man I sure am gonna try to get on some slabs through the ice this winter.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2004, 05:43 PM »
That is a beautiful slab crappie TH  :oBeen a long time since I caught a crappie in open water. I catch quite a few of 'em icefishing though, and if it gets cold enough this winter (like it did last) I will icefish 20 min from my house there is a lake full of big 1-3 lb. crappie, along with some nice largemouth and a lot of small 1-5 lb. cats as well!!! hope it gets in the negatives alot here in the steppe/high desert climate where I live!

Come on super cold temperatures! I wanna get me a bunch of big old slabs this year!!! TH it is your fault I have the itch so bad now >:( Good luck in future crappie fishing TH ;)

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2004, 07:57 PM »
That is a really nice crappie. Ones like that for me can be few and far between. I got probably 3 or 4 like that or close to it last year through the ice. Most of the ones I catch are about 7 or 8 inches though.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.