FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Major fish die off  (Read 1538 times)

LP Steve

Major fish die off
« on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:21 PM »
So went fishing/kayaking at black Creek in Bergen yesterday. Launched at rt 19 and immediately saw some dead sunnies. Started heading west towards fish and game club and started seeing hundreds, thousands of dead fish. Mostly sunnies and bluegills but also lots of pike from 3' long to 2" lots of lm bass and rockies. Suckers carp bull head. Every fish in the place is dead. Even a deer carcass in the water. Called Dec and reported it. I could hear a farm tractor up stream so maybe farm related? Really heart breaking as I love that stretch and will probably be a few years before anything can live in that water again.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Major fish die off
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:38 PM »
wow  LB that's  aweful if  you hear any more  be  sure to post it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2019, 07:45 PM »
low oxygen? 

legler

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2019, 10:41 AM »
i also went and launched at 19 uester which is my favorite place to fiah. i went east and seen all the carnage. i went upstrean towards the rod and gun club and it was actually a little better but still horrible. Got into the truck and went downstream the the falls and it doesnt look like it reached there. The first thing i noticed when launching was how clear the water was.  Bergen rod and gun club posted the DEC are investigating and asked about manure. This is so sad to see. We still caught a very small bass and a rock bass but this is heart breaking

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2019, 11:11 AM »
someone reported on FB that a truck was pulled out of the creek recently.

nobody is sure if this was the cause.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.