FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass Lake  (Read 4723 times)

nitecrawler

Bass Lake
« on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:30 PM »
        The boat will be ready by Fri. wanting any info on eyes?Have caught some thru ice but hav'nt fished the lake from boat in years.Any help would be appretiated.THANKS

crappie rob

Re: Bass Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Heard they were getting limits last weekend off Gull Point, 9 ft. of water, jig/minnow!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

nitecrawler

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:39 PM »
      Thanks Crappie Rob.Where is Gull Point from ramp?My kid lost lake map.THANKS

crappie rob

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:21 PM »
SouthEast. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

nitecrawler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:49 PM »
   Thank you Crappie Rob hope to met you on the lake sometime.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2009, 07:15 PM »
anything goin on with bass lake i heard some crappies turned on over the weekend. never made it there, maybe this weekend coming up i hope.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

troutline

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Went to bass lake Sat and Sun. Caught one walleye 17 in.  eight smallmouths two were 16 in.  They were fishing for crappies strait out from ramp. Sun caught four walleyes and six smallmouths walleyes were 17 and two 16s  smallmouths one 16 and 15 the rest were small. Caught everything on minnows. Dave

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2009, 11:08 PM »
hey thanks for the information really appreciate!! helps out a ton on making decisions. will be letting you know how we do when we venture out there. i got reports of two guys getting limits of 10-12 in crappies by 9 a.m. wasn't sure how positive this was as it came through the grapes... good luck on your next trip out.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

crappie rob

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2009, 10:22 AM »
hey thanks for the information really appreciate!! helps out a ton on making decisions. will be letting you know how we do when we venture out there. i got reports of two guys getting limits of 10-12 in crappies by 9 a.m. wasn't sure how positive this was as it came through the grapes... good luck on your next trip out.
Hey Mike, I know first hand of crappie limits, and walleyes ;D Get down there!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Lynn-D-Rig

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Went to Bass today.....almost everything that could go wrong did. Butches bait was closed, out of bait til Tues. NP, still have around a dozen minnies left, I'll make do.  Wind out of the SE made it nice and choppy. Was looking forward to some decent action. Toss the anchor out and start fishing, notice that I'm still moving. Pull the anchor rope up....no anchor. Lesson learned, I'll never use a snap hook again. Okay no biggie right? I'll just power out and drift back and then do it again. Waves crashing over the boat get's me soaked, wind blowin crazy....hands getting really cold, spilled my dang coffee, and kicked the minnow bucket over. After a couple of hours, no fish, no bait, no coffee, jeans soaked, I've had enough, time to head in. Get close to shore and the chop is high enough that in between swells, the skeg is draggin bottom. Finally get the boat on the trailer.....crooked of course. I'm saying really naughty words by this time. Get home back the boat in, strap the cherry picker to the back of the boat and pick her up, get her nice and straight again. Drug another anchor out of the loft and TIED it on. Went in the house, called around found some bait......heading out again tomorrow......Gosh I love fishing!!!

wallin

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Good Luck out there  Lynn-D-Rig , man with all that going wrong-something good is for sure waiting for you. Thats a true fisherman-one that keeps paddlin into the wind and bond determine to win the fight-had many of them days-those are the ones that make you fight that much harder-we want to see the pictures of them big ones you get tomorrow.

WALLIN
Wallin

Lynn-D-Rig

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Yeah Tom....you'd think I'd give it a rest...lol. But ya know, with so much going on these days to complain about....I just gotta chuckle and thank my lucky stars that I can go fishing when I want to. I've been lucky enough to have caught lots of fish, shot lots of game, and found lots of mushrooms over the last 30+ years. Just to be outdoors, even when things go wrong, is still better than lots of other stuff. I know you know what I mean....c-ya out there.

Phil

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2009, 12:12 AM »
crappie rob thanks much. thats all i neede to hear, you know where i'll be. cant say i'll be catchin em but i'll be chasin em'!! me or joe will be givin you a call if you wanna join. we r draggin the boat down there. let us know or call but we will be checkin in with ya! later on, keep the lines tight!

derslayer1

• EAT SLEEP FISH
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2009, 05:45 AM »
Crappies and gills are biting, small ice jigs (pink) with a beemoth were workin, under s slip.  Walleyes have been hittin in shallows with floating raps. Jig and minnows were takin some eyes. The crappie limite were true, but have slowed down from trafic and weather...
EAT SLEEP FISH

imob34

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2009, 08:06 AM »
I was out there sunday, our eyes came on jig and minnow all just off drops,  planning to head out again friday night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.