FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass Lake  (Read 4722 times)

Steuben1

Re: Bass Lake
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2009, 08:08 AM »
I was out there sunday, our eyes came on jig and minnow all just off drops,  planning to head out again friday night

Kinda new to Walleye fishing, but how last Saturday I was on the lake until dark and when it got dark there was about 10 boats that put in!?  How do you catch eye's at night?  I would like to try it sometime but don't know how?

Jeff

Big Lumpy

• Was that a Rooster?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Haven't done it in a long time but my dad used to take us back in MN and we would fish with jigs/hooks and minnows/crawlers/leaches and still fish or bobber fish off of rock points or structure.  It is awesome to watch a lighted bobber go under!  I'm sure you can still use other techniques but anchoring and fishing in this manner can be the easiest and most exciting when it works

imob34

« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2009, 05:25 AM »
at night i move shallow and use rattle traps and small x-raps mostly but alot of nights the jig and minnow does the best

Big Lumpy

• Was that a Rooster?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2009, 03:52 PM »
does anyone have any current info about the bite at Bass?

crappie rob

« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:26 AM »
does anyone have any current info about the bite at Bass?
We got on some really nice gills, and a few crappies yesterday afternoon!!! Got out at 5:30 p.m., fished until 8:30, not one walleye. Sup Big Lumpy? C-ya. Crappie Rob.

plymouthjim

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:56 AM »
I'm going to have to get over there. Sounds like allot of ppl catching fish.But don't know where to start.Have only been there 1 time 10 + years ago. I would need to know some good spots to try[Eyes, gills , crappie,]  ::)  :o
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at  Work

crappie rob

« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Right now they're coming out of shallow, weedy, areas!! Right out in front of boat launch, 4 FOW, fishing 3 ft. deep. Seen some really nice fish the past couple of weeks. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

leavnsorlips

« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:16 AM »
at night i move shallow and use rattle traps and small x-raps mostly but alot of nights the jig and minnow does the best
i do the same and use the original floatin rapalas alot in the shallows sometimes put a splitshot lil ahead of em to help em get down lil further

plymouthjim

« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Right now they're coming out of shallow, weedy, areas!! Right out in front of boat launch, 4 FOW, fishing 3 ft. deep. Seen some really nice fish the past couple of weeks. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Thanks for the Info Crappie Rob.  ;D
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at  Work

flypopper

« Reply #24 on: Mar 27, 2009, 11:23 AM »
I fished thursday- all day tried the pump,gull point and the pocket. Caught a fisherman's dozen of nice gills in the pocket. The others around there said they limited out on crappie on wed, lots of boats

imob34

« Reply #25 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:33 PM »
changed my mind and headed to the maumee instead of bass lake  kept 1 25" fish snagged and released more than a dozen more, a lot of fun just wish my jig would have found more their mouths instead of fins and bellies

luv2fish72

• Fish On!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2009, 10:57 AM »
is the walleye action sill going on ?
Billy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.