FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Upper Fish Lake  (Read 1157 times)

LundProv

Upper Fish Lake
« on: Jul 04, 2019, 09:33 PM »
Happy 4th to everyone...  Got on the water this morning at Upper Fish Lake at about 6 and there were a lot of fish breaking the surface.  It was warm and muggy but that is exactly as the 4th of July should be.  Started working shorelines and stayed tight and instead of casting to the shoreline, I used the ipilot to walk me along the shore and casted out to deeper water.  No real pattern but plenty of action as I had a limit of decent Indiana crappies and 4 nice gills.  I primarily casted 1/16 oz jigs/twister tail but also had fun catching a few retrieving jigging raps.  Also caught a few bass that were on the small side.  Stayed until 10 AM and just really enjoyed the environment.  An occasional train would run by and an occasional conversation with other fisherpeople and then in the thick of the humidity, a nice breeze would blow through.  I have always enjoyed fishing this lake and it has a decent ramp and good fish habitat.  I can't say I have ever caught anything big there and it could be my techniques but I would encourage people to give this lake a try. 

Jig_Head

Re: Upper Fish Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2019, 12:47 PM »
I love this lake too. Grew up fishing it. Nice job on the crappie. I usually take the kayak there a few times a year

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2019, 01:09 PM »
Apparently not one of those lakes that get run over by the power boats and PWC's on weekends especially a holiday weekend.

That's my kind of lake too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Apparently not one of those lakes that get run over by the power boats and PWC's on weekends especially a holiday weekend.

That's my kind of lake too.
Yeah theres a speed limit on it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.