FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick Trip..Good Results!  (Read 2626 times)

Bass to mouth

Re: Quick Trip..Good Results!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2018, 02:07 AM »
Nice ones! Thats a fatty bow at 16in. Beauty salmom! mid summer no less. Impressive!

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Nice fish Wil  :thumbup_smilie:

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Tough time of year for any hopes of catch and release on salmonoids. Left three lake trout floaters for the eagles at Wachusett recently - they just can’t be revived in the warm water.

Trolling no they cant.  Jigging you can release them alive if you dont prolong the fight.  Then again I dont think feeding the eagles is a terrible thing either.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Over here I noticed inline planer boards were even worse for trolling and hoping to release rainbows. Fighting the board is hard on them once they get up into the epiliminon layer.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #19 on: Aug 06, 2018, 07:14 PM »
Its ALOT of work to get them kicking again. I keep the boat going on the track i set with the trolling motor and hold the fish over the side lightly with a pair of fish grippers. I had a salmon take 15 mins to get kicking again.

Ive been trying to come up with a better way of doing it (ie less me hanging over the edge) but havent come up with anything yet.

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2018, 08:01 PM »
There is something that worked for a guy I knew in Texas that caught large hybrid stripers in his pond in warm water. They would fight so hard in the warm water they could go belly up and he claimed it worked. Not sure it would be practical for you but here goes:

He had a cooler of water with an oxygen diffuser in the bottom, which via an airline was connected to a oxygen flow meter, then regulator and then an oxygen tank. I use the same set up to move small amounts of fish I sell. It doesn't take much oxygen to saturate the water. I don't buy my tanks. I get them from a local welding supply store, and just bring them back when empty to get another one that is full.

Remember this is pure oxygen -- not just air.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Aug 07, 2018, 06:10 AM »
Cecil I think some of the hardcore musky guys have similar setups on their boats.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Aug 07, 2018, 02:22 PM »
No doubt. I do get a several musky a year to mount that can't be revived.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.