FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A few days off...  (Read 872 times)

LundProv

A few days off...
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:05 PM »
After 33 years of owning my own practice, a large medical corporation purchased my practice and asked me to stay on until I would like to retire.  I rarely took any time off during the 33 years of owning the practice and this large corporation is very generous and encourages us to take time off.  So, I don't think I have ever had a week off in the month of May in my 63 years of being alive and now I have the next week off.  I plan to fish at least some everyday and would like to explore the lakes to the east of me off Route 30.  I live in Valpo.  So, any advice on the lakes in the Warsaw area is appreciated.  Again, panfish for the most part and I like to explore and throw a small jig about a foot or so under a float near shore for crappies or gills.  Winona? Wawasee? Big Chapman? Chain o Lakes SP?   Thanks and enjoy the day...

RoeBoat

Re: A few days off...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 01:14 AM »
Winona is good for gills, crappie, and walleye.  You can get the crappie and bonus eyes on minnows under a bobber.  Good luck!!  Sylvan is also a great lake for panfish, one of my favorites.   PM me for details.   Really glad you're finally getting some days off!  I hope they are many and you smell of fish most days!!!

tater140

Re: A few days off...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Congrats on the sale, and enjoy the time on the water.  I have never pan fished Winona, only walleye fished it.  I have caught eyes in there casting jerk baits shallow and on the weed edges.  Chain o lakes is a nice park, and offers good fishing.  If you venture farther down 30 into whitley county we have a handful of lakes that offer up some good gill action.  Pm me if you want more details.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.