FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: largest perch!  (Read 50224 times)

bigdave1018

Re: largest perch!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 06, 2004, 05:33 PM »
i had buddys who clean fish at lk fish on oneida lk. i was there 1 day and they brought out a banana box and showed me the fish inside. they were caught on lk erie and are called erie reds. they looked exactly like the yellows but they had a red tint to their skin. everyone was at least 15 inches long and a few were touching nose to tail with the length of the box!!!!!!

eyedoktr

« Reply #31 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:47 AM »
My biggest was at Long Pond 2 years ago. It was 15.75 inches long and 12.75 inch girth. Measured and immediately released. Estimated weight was >2.5#
Pete Lewis

Rusty1034

• He's gota be happy with that one
« Reply #32 on: Apr 07, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Howdy all,

What's the trick to posting pictures here ?

Thanks- Rusty
Eat farm raised fish
Practice catch and release.
Walleyes get released in the fryer

RJP

« Reply #33 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:55 PM »

Eyedktr:

Nice fish.  What Long Pond are you referring to? 

eyedoktr

« Reply #34 on: Apr 07, 2004, 05:01 PM »
RJP, sorry, the one near Rochester,NY. The same day I had one 15.5 long and 12.5 girth. She f=had swallowed the hook so I kept her. When I got home, she weighed an even2.5#. I see numerous fish over a pound each spring and quite a few over two pounds.
Pete Lewis

crappieman12887

« Reply #35 on: Apr 07, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Here are a couple fatties from last November.  For perspective the walleyes have to be 15" to keep.
[/img]
nice fish

crappieman12887

« Reply #36 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:06 PM »
not yet,but its comming.i have a place down south of here out towards cap cod ,[buzzar bay ] area that i fish in the fall that really gives up some big perch.they had a post of the area this winter in the main sportsmen and a couple of the guys i know from down there were in it they were average 2 pluse pound perch but you most remember there growing season is longer there.bill ps i will have the wife post my lastcrappie catch as soon as she has a free minute.

Grandpa Jack

« Reply #37 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:24 PM »
 I'm glad to see some of youse guys that were on the shanty are on the finder. Hi Crappie Man & SlipBob. No perch pictures but I'm itchin to get um.I've got to check my permit for the Tommy I think its still good.If any you guys want to take an old man along sometime -let me know.Is there any chance of a picture of that flec tube setup you guys use for Crappie & perch. I appreciate the knowledge you guys are sharing on the site.Nice stringer of eyes from the Tommy. GJ

Rusty1034

« Reply #38 on: Apr 09, 2004, 06:10 PM »

Here's a couple my wife caught. I didn't take any pictues of the small er ones she let me catch.

Good Luck- Rusty

Eat farm raised fish

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:18 PM »
those are some great fish Rusty. what did you catch those mammas on.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

crappieman12887

« Reply #40 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:52 PM »
I'm glad to see some of youse guys that were on the shanty are on the finder. Hi Crappie Man & SlipBob. No perch pictures but I'm itchin to get um.I've got to check my permit for the Tommy I think its still good.If any you guys want to take an old man along sometime -let me know.Is there any chance of a picture of that flec tube setup you guys use for Crappie & perch. I appreciate the knowledge you guys are sharing on the site.Nice stringer of eyes from the Tommy. GJ
hi grandpa jack i still got you number written down ,i was able to get out one more weekend after i talked to you on here,but looking forward to that boat trip soon .bill[will call for we can hook up.]

Rusty1034

« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:23 AM »

The ol' standby, - fatheads.

Eat farm raised fish

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #42 on: Apr 10, 2004, 09:24 PM »
17 inch perch??? You never know as our Manitoba lakes have produced the odd 16 inch. I have the same problem of never carrying a darn camera not that I have ever caught a perch bigger than 12 3/4 :-[ :-[ :-[
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

crappieman12887

« Reply #43 on: Apr 11, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Panfish lover,my friend,if you want to one-up a fellow angler's post,you need to back it up with photos.Nothing personal,but fishermen are a skeptical bunch.Please do not take offense,none intended.N1n
belive what you want to, i no i cant be the last honest fisherman,i wasnt trying to one up someones post, i was just leting people know what i caught i was quite proud to catch the fish,eveybody who post fish pictures on this web site are all very nice fish, i do kick my self in the but not to take a picture of this perch BUT anybody knows that it has happened often on sodus bay just call and talk to skip at the bay bridge bait shop hes been there for years and he knows he said the biggest one hes seen is 18 inches with many 14 to 17 inch range good luck to you
     pan fish lover can i go fishing with you i would love to catch bigger perch then slipbob,ps nice mess of big old fattes bob,lol bill [nice fish]

zuke852000

« Reply #44 on: Apr 11, 2004, 04:58 PM »
I know its not huge but its the biggest I have proof of.

ZUKE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.