FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Fry for the Lazy guy  (Read 6725 times)

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
Perch Fry for the Lazy guy
« on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Instructions
Ok guys heres what ya got to do first ya got to have a good PErch fisherman much like myself then you need to add some fish

Then you have to cut just behind the gills like this

Then Rip the head off like this once cut the gutz might come with it

Then cut along the belly starting at the poopshoot just under the sking though don't puncture the gutz

Then pull out the guts and make it clean like this

Then cut the tail off like this

Then slide your knife just under the skin and nearest the backfin like so.

Then make sure that the knife is all the way out the perch till the end under the skin

Then what i do then is flip the Perch body upside down and push on the perch and slide my knife along so that you cut the skin away from the MEat

Then you should have it looking much like this

Do this to both side but leave the skin still attacked to the BAck fin  so then you can pull it all of with the fins much like this

Then what you should have after that is what this looks like a perch fillet body and skin fully attached with the back fin.

Then that leaves the lil hard fin behind the bum to take care off just slide your knife behind take a lil bit thru with the knife then it will just tear off with your hand like this

Then you have What is left a 2 sided Filler That you can cook in the pan or microwave...Cook with butter in pan On med untill butter starts to Brown or desired tenderness of perch..Or microwave 5 perch in on 5 mins in a bowl with a tablespoon of butter and covered with suranwrap.

The Perch Meat will come Right off the Skeleton once cooked if ya pull tail to Head or where the Head used to be...If ya do it right you get no bones...ANd you use 99 percent of the meat and even lil guys are still a meal to ya...Anyhow hope this helps anyone of ya lazy guyz out there like me . Tight lines all
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: Perch Fry for the Lazy guy
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:22 PM »
Interesting variation on the two boneless fillets I get by filleting each side separately. Will have to give this a try. For us that have problems picturing a written description, thanks for the pictures!

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:30 AM »
No problem at all ...I was told I don't show enough pictures so at least this way i won't hear that comment for awhile anyhow! TIght lines all!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Rusty1034

• He's gota be happy with that one
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Awesom post Germ !

I'm gonna save it and try that technique when I get the boat all ready to go (Just waiting for the marina to do some work on the SUperfisherman- its the story of my life)

Rusty
Eat farm raised fish
Practice catch and release.
Walleyes get released in the fryer

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2004, 09:20 PM »
germ where was the picture of the beer????
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:05 AM »
yeah us lazy guys need beer ;D
lol now your getting told you dont show ENOUGH in your pics ;)

applejacks

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:50 PM »
I've eaten perch done like this.  They are very moist, andd there is zero loss of meat

slammer6500

• The official trolling flag..............I'm on!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Unbelievable play by play photo's you are the man.  ;) The more photos posted the better the site...KEEP EM COMMING..........slammer6500
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:04 PM »
neat way of cleaning fish there.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.