FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1485609 times)

gotagetm

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #10560 on: May 02, 2024, 09:59 AM »
Second day out...not any better than yesterday yet

Old Timer

« Reply #10561 on: May 02, 2024, 08:04 PM »
Never in 75 years have I seen so few fish caught in the canal and fish creek.  The numbers have been backing off the past 7 years.  Something going on at East end . Past few years its been very quiet.  Rock pile was always good for a few smallies and perch.  Now it hard work to get a rockie or sheepie.  Might be the city of Oneida stocking Oneida Creek with brown trout ?  You know, the ones that are pointed on each end.  Might be the Sturgeon sucking up all the walleye eggs ??  They are stacked up at junction of canal and Fish Creek.  Hard to find pods of baitfish the past couple years.  Even the big alge bloom was minimal last summer. 
Is it just me or have any of you noticed these things ?? 

Pequod1

« Reply #10562 on: Today at 04:06 AM »
I didn’t see much happening at the west end the other day with Ben either. Very slow opener for us.

regulator

« Reply #10563 on: Today at 04:42 AM »
With the mild winter and higher water temps, I think it was an early spawn on the east end and the fish have dropped back to the lake. I heard that they were crushing them in the canal right up to the 3/15 close.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #10564 on: Today at 06:29 AM »
With the mild winter and higher water temps, I think it was an early spawn on the east end and the fish have dropped back to the lake. I heard that they were crushing them in the canal right up to the 3/15 close.

We definitely did well In the canal late February til the close I know the few times I fished it was a longer drive there and home than it was to grab my limit

gotagetm

« Reply #10565 on: Today at 10:17 AM »
Doing better this morning east end got bunch of perch and few eyes between 3 of us.. slowed down taking a break til afternoon

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #10566 on: Today at 11:24 AM »
I’ll be out at midnight for the tournament. It will be my first time chasing eyes this open water season. Im interested to see how things are in the spots i normally fish for the tournament due to the warmer than normal late winter and early spring. Should be interesting. Good luck to everyone fishing this weekend.
Nice job findin em

gotagetm

« Reply #10567 on: Today at 12:11 PM »
Good luck deadeyez will be out till about 10 tonight..not in tournament though

oneida1

« Reply #10568 on: Today at 12:41 PM »
i caught a few spawned out females prior to the close this spring wont be many eyes in creeks or the canal this yr, but seemed to be plenty of eyes feeding while i was perch fishing last few weeks . I wouldnt be fishing the normal opening day spots this yr i would start deeper unless your trying at night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.