FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: is the DMV open for walk in service?  (Read 3460 times)

TomFish

Re: is the DMV open for walk in service?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 16, 2021, 03:01 PM »
    They shouldn't ticket you if you can't get it done right ?

This was my theory last year when the DMVs weren't open AT ALL and i couldn't put my bikes on the road.  I sent a message to the state level DMV social media page and got a resounding "you can not drive an unregistered vehicle (even if we wont let you register it)".

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 16, 2021, 05:03 PM »
Trapper,  Never met you in person but if you cannot get it registered and want to fish Oneida, you have a seat on my boat if you like.

SeanP

that really is a nice offer man and i thank you  ...i thinki'm going to be ok  but i would fish with you any day sir
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Jun 16, 2021, 07:40 PM »
Inspired by this thread, i took a chance and walked in to our DMV.  I asked if appt's are required and was told yes but the lady asked what I needed.  I explained and she fixed me up.  The next guy thru the door said he had an appt. but when he got to the counter the lady said "Sir, your appt. was for 0915......"  It was then 1145.  "Well my truck broke down, I tried to call you people......."   They sent him out.

You must have been better looking.  :laugh:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Moral of the story.....SIZEMATTERS.

I couldn't resist....h2l
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #19 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:34 AM »
You must have been better looking.  :laugh:
  I'll take that.....lol
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

trapper2000

« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2021, 06:35 AM »
just a update  i went on line copied a vehicle registration application and payment sheet
filledit out  stapled my old registration  and droped it off tothe DMV ,i was able towalk right inand gotothe main  counter,where a gentleman  took it and said i would be called or it would be mailed to me......i took pictures of everything theyare in my phone ....at this point ,i have 2 options i can take the chance and use my trailer or i can slide the boau in the back of the truck.......  i'm not going to say which i'm going todo but i'll be fishing  ;D

fishinjohn

« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2021, 07:24 AM »
just a update  i went on line copied a vehicle registration application and payment sheet
filledit out  stapled my old registration  and droped it off tothe DMV ,i was able towalk right inand gotothe main  counter,where a gentleman  took it and said i would be called or it would be mailed to me......i took pictures of everything theyare in my phone ....at this point ,i have 2 options i can take the chance and use my trailer or i can slide the boau in the back of the truck.......  i'm not going to say which i'm going todo but i'll be fishing  ;D
Hook on to that trailer and gooooooo

trapper2000

« Reply #22 on: Jun 18, 2021, 07:30 AM »
now john ,i'm not going to promote doing anything illegal  ;)

fishinjohn

« Reply #23 on: Jun 18, 2021, 10:11 AM »
now john ,i'm not going to promote doing anything illegal  ;)
Trap....
EVERYTHING is legal until you get caught ::)

62 & Done

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2021, 08:38 AM »
I'd be fishing    it's not your fault they can't get their stuff together    I've talked to several officers in the past year and they all say they're not bothering any one unless your making trouble

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2021, 09:32 AM »
I'd be fishing    it's not your fault they can't get their stuff together    I've talked to several officers in the past year and they all say they're not bothering any one unless your making trouble

That may be true but all it takes is one officer that goes by the book or is a prick. There's always one out there.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2021, 09:33 AM »

Good for you!

grady95

« Reply #27 on: Jun 26, 2021, 11:03 AM »
I had the same problem.  Needed to renew a registration that was too old to do online,  All I had to do was go to the website, poke around a little to find an appointment and within 3 days, I was in the Henrietta branch by the Dome Arena.  They gave my a numbered ticket when I got there, I sat maybe 15 minutes tops, got called up, did my transaction and got out of there with no hassles at all.
Everyone was nice to me.  The lady at the window said "oh, that's not the right form, here, we need this one."  She even filled it in!  I paid my fee with a credit card right at the window and was out of there in no time.  Those people don't want to fight, they just want to do their jobs and go home to their families.  All you have to do is do what they ask you to do and maybe even try being nice!
Anyway our trailer is now registered, something I couldn't do online.  They didn't make it hard, in fact it was very easy.  The trick is to look around at the appointment availabilities and be willing to drive a little just this one time.

trapper2000

« Reply #28 on: Jun 26, 2021, 12:27 PM »
grady I get the impression you are insinuating I wasn't nice  to the DMV ...... first if I'm wrong I am sorry I misunderstood you ....second if I'm right you have no idea what your talking about I dropped my  paperwork and check off to a man that put it in drop box and got it back in a few days , never delt with anyone ....so maybe you need to  a little nicer and stop assuming so much

62 & Done

« Reply #29 on: Jun 26, 2021, 08:24 PM »
Glad every one is happy and is able to go fishin     I for one, don't give a rats behind when they can't do they're job as long as I have paper work that says I did mine   covid or no covid
  I launch every week at a place with that stupid kiosk to pay.  Well don't you know that it doesn't work ?  I simply put my expired golden park pass  ( because I can't get in to get a new one)
   in my windshield and off I go.  So far no issues in two years.   There must be an understanding park police man around ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.