FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass and Pike  (Read 1220 times)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Bass and Pike
« on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I went up to the cabin this weekend and snuck in a little fishing.  It's on a small lake in the very NE corner of WI.
I'm told that the lake was trout only back in the day, now it's largemouths, pike and bluegills.

Here's what we were after

I was using a light action Premier with 6 pound mono when I got into this girl.  No one knew that they ever got this big in our little lake.  She was a handful with lots of runs and that signature face wash at the side of the boat that pike like to do. We did't think we'd need a net for 1-2 lb bass, so I got her by hand.

She got me back

The next morning I took my pontoon down the little creek that empties out of the lake for a little bassin' fun.  Lots of little ones and one respectable 18 incher all in about a foot of water.  It was glorious!  Tiny little water that nobody ever gets to, lots of fish, and great northwoods scenery.

It was tough to come home, but I'll be back soon enough!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

Re: Bass and Pike
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Those are some awesome pics!! I'm getting jealous as that place looks alot like the lake I grew up fishing in Northern Wisconsin ;D

Adam

Deposit

Re: Bass and Pike
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Nice pics. yea you get some battle wounds sometime catching fish like that...but its all worth it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.