FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Home from Rice Lake  (Read 1469 times)

winchester 88

Home from Rice Lake
« on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:05 PM »
I returned home from our trip to Rice Lake, Canada in time to celebrate the "big 70"and would like to thank all of the Canadians for the great time that we had.

The weather co-operated this year and we only had rain Saturday afternoon when we arrived.

We had a ball catching fish as the pan fish were spawning and would attack any lure that landed near them.
 The lures of choice this year were black and green twister tails on a green jig fished under a beetle spinner,Lindy's shadling natural color and Rapala Husky Jerk clown color.The last one was my favorite as the fish would hit it and not take it in their mouth but would get caught any where that it contacted their body.

We caught a couple of small mouths, one 4#er while drifting a crawler while walleye fishing.
In all 8 guys caught 8 to 10 walleyes among us but the local guys were having at them with black bucktail jigs fished in the holes in the weedbeds. We saw several nice stringers of 6 fish.

We fished up the Otonabee River a lot and one day for about an hour we  caught Rock bass on every cast. Most were not that big but but would hit anything moving.

It was nice to hear that we finally got Zar...wi to bad they didn't get him alive and hang him.This caused us to be held up at the border a bit as they were checking everyone.

Canada is beautiful but it is nice to be back in the U.S.A God Bless Her!

Winchester 88

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
Re: Home from Rice Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:07 PM »
sunds like you had a great time

canada sure is like the us attic isnt it......sometimes we forget whats up there  ;D ;D ;D

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: Home from Rice Lake
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Love the land up north, great lakes, peelers and golf courses, also did I forget decent beer ;D
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.