FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat Ramp Etiquette  (Read 8198 times)

rivereddy

Re: Boat Ramp Etiquette
« Reply #15 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:42 AM »
OMG  I just blew coffee through my nose.....  Wife approved as well... headed to garage...

fish on,

rivereddy

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:06 AM »
That's a good one Mac!

I especially love the people that set their lawn chairs and fishing rods up directly on the boat ramps. This happens at trout ponds up here and at night the hornpout fishermen. So I'm supposed to feel like the a-hole when I show up to do a little night time fishing and the whole freakin' family of yokles needs to move all their stuff so I can launch?

icefisher47

« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Always remember if your going to use a shovel make sure you have Lyme in the truck as well.
Take a kid fishing

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:57 AM »
We have a private launch at our place on Erie.
Only residents can use it.
This is killer.
Not the best ramp in the world, but it's ours and not a ton of traffic typically.
Only one dock, but it handles a boat on either side.
But every once in a while...........

Last year I was waiting to pull out.
I was circling the boat about 50 yds off the end of the dock waiting for a guy pulling out his jet ski.
Then he proceeds to start washing it.
Right there along side the dock on the ramp.
I hollered to him that if he didn't move it immediately I was gonna shoot a flare at it and him.
Everyone at the ramp told him I would do it.
He didn't say anything just quickly stopped what he was doing and yanked it out and up the hill.
Later I went wandering thru our place and located him.
I calmly explained to him launch ramp etiquette.
He was appreciative of me at least being calm and doing this.
Initially, I wanted to slap him in the face with my boat paddle.

40 yrs ago Donna and I went with her sister and BIL to SMH in Buffalo on a Saturday in mid October.
We took beverages and a lunch and sat down at a picnic table near the launch ramp.
Great entertainment!!!
The people here typically only use the trailer 2X a year.
Once to put the boat into the water in the spring and once more to take it out in the Fall.
The things we saw were epic.
It was the best entertainment in the world.
I swear some of those couples ended up divorced later that day.
Hilarious!!!
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Lance and I were launching at Little Salmon River once and this baboon was yelling at us for cutting him off while he was staging.  Apparently he felt we had to wait for him to be ready and launch...no chance.  Before he was done staging and before he finished swearing at us the boat was off the trailer and moored up. 

Round my neck of the woods its been a lot of non-boaters blocking staging lanes and the ramps.  CT finally started sending EPO to boot them.  Had people trying to have a picnic on the docks!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2020, 11:02 AM »
Lance and I were launching at Little Salmon River once and this baboon was yelling at us for cutting him off while he was staging.  Apparently he felt we had to wait for him to be ready and launch...no chance.  Before he was done staging and before he finished swearing at us the boat was off the trailer and moored up. 

Round my neck of the woods its been a lot of non-boaters blocking staging lanes and the ramps.  CT finally started sending EPO to boot them.  Had people trying to have a picnic on the docks!

Wow, what a moron. I am loving my new Ulterra at the launch... finally gotten enough courage to do the whole remote control launch deal. But people don't usually understand what I'm doing, when the dock is full and I'm launching people are looking at me like I'm a jerk because there isn't room at the dock yet, then I remote control off to the side and out of the way to spot lock. I don't need to get out my dock lines or anything, just remote control over to the dock, between 2 other boats taking way too long and step aboard! I even had one time where I retrieved with the remote control. Send it in hard and fast and stow the motor at just the right moment. One of these days I am going to make a big mistake though.

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2020, 11:56 AM »
 Yep some people think they are the only ones on the planet , if I’m staging I wave guys by that are all set ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Oct 02, 2020, 04:41 PM »
The other day I waited almost half an hour for some kayaker to back his trailer into the launch (yep...a kayak on a trailer) and proceed to load it with everything.....Paddles, cooler, lunch, umbrella, kitchen sink, powder room toilet and a Weber grill.( not really...but it seemed that way).

This is a town launch that doesn’t see 10 launches on a peak day. They have a separate dock to launch their little paddle poopers from. There’s a huge parking lot to get stuff ready. This mental midget had to park in the launch and then get all his crap in his stupid rowboat.

I came close, but old age has mellowed me a bit. A few years ago I would have helped him into the water......Maybe his kayak too. I got a bit of revenge though, I went by him at about 8mph with a 2’ wake.

He’s probably posting something on a puddle boat forum about the guy who tried to swamp him.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2020, 05:09 PM »

Oh well

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2020, 07:35 PM »
It gets to a point where you have to just let it go or you'd go nuts at every launch.  I try to help the good souls when I can and have been graciously offered help a few times too.  I think with covid we've seen more new people at the launches which doesn't help.

Mac glad to hear its working out!  Make sure you keep that remote charged! 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2020, 02:18 PM »
Well....the 70 year old in my body says let it go. The 30 year old in my brain says beat him with a paddle.

These days the 70 yr old usually wins.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #26 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:15 PM »
Well....the 70 year old in my body says let it go. The 30 year old in my brain says beat him with a paddle.
These days the 70 yr old usually wins
Rg
You sure 😜

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #27 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:58 PM »

These days the 70 yr old usually wins.

Rg

Get the shovel...

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Im going out and put my shovel in my boat right now.

But he needs a hair cut!  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2020, 07:25 AM »
But he needs a hair cut!  :rotflol:

Not just yet  ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.