FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 660485 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2010, 12:37 AM »
www.coltford.com

Fixed it for ya pal! ;) Cool stuff, I lived in Nashville throughout my college career. Man what a long strange trip that was! Do not think Nashville is all about hicks and country music people! That city is rocking with every bit of fresh stuff going...period!

1fish@atime

« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2010, 06:11 AM »
Your right there FM. Went to Nashville in the 80's for the old show you can be a star. My cousin and I had a band together then. We made it three days before getting beaten. Was pretty cool to be there for a week, After exploring we had a completely different opinion of the music capital of the world. The club scene then was eclectic to say the least. So many  phenomenal musicians that play in the studios during the day and clubs at night. Some of which you wonder why aren't they on the radio or TV. Very humbling, you understand the odds of "making" it are actually very low. We did get to have a little claim to fame though, As contestants you played the hotel they put you up in. So during our set they brought this guy out to sing a song with us. Saw him a year or so later, on TV, yup the dishwasher himself, Randy Travis. One of the good guys in the industry, a actual regular guy who made it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Now explain all the detail Gamma! Cause I am too lazy too. ;)
But you're young so have at it.     I was out until 5 AM and I have no memory  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2010, 03:53 PM »
1Fish, I was in class with a nephew of Charlie Daniels. Brought me to his ranch for dinner one weekend. That was quite an experience, Another humble down to earth person.

1fish@atime

« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Neat FM!!
LOL was thinking after I typed my post of As Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story.
After we lost we took a little trip to Orlando. Bummed a little and booked a gig at this place called the Point After club on 50. Johnny Paycheck was there the week before. So they booked us for one hour, 8-9 for five hundred bucks.
We thought we hit easy street. As we were getting our stuff  off the stage the roadies were running with stuff for the next act and this guy hooks his guitar up and  starts wailing. I asked a dude who was setting things up who they were. AC/DC he says. HUH>\? He says you wait in a few months you'll know who they are,,,,,,

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2010, 01:06 AM »
Cool story....funny how people run into Idols, or famous people at the spur of the moment.....Takes ya by surprise!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2010, 02:14 AM »
Let the show begin  ;D ;D   Although no longer in my collection, this Parker P-44 was one of the nicest playing guitars I've ever owned !
  Really nice acoustic section with the Piezo pickup and a real screamer with the humbuckers.
  I couldn't resist the trade and ended up with a 1965 Ampeg B-18-N bass amp which is worth way more than the parker and is very scarce these days !

And the Ampeg that I traded for !

Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2010, 07:59 AM »
Man I love rich wood... That is beautiful...
But I also love tweed !!!
Something about the way a tube amp feels(hard to describe) but you feel the sound in your soul.
Nothing compares, I had a couple fender amps that came close but just didn't "feel" the same.
Pevey made a model that was close to a tube sound, like the chorus, can't think of the name. But then they started messing with effects on board and messed the dang thing up. Sales dropped and they discontinued it. Had a 2-12 cabinet and actual working gain!!!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #458 on: May 22, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Man I love rich wood... That is beautiful...Me too !   That Parker was solid Mahogany and very pretty !   The grain on the back was actually nicer that the front !
But I also love tweed !!! At one point, I had many Fender Tweed amps from the late 50's to early 60's but got bored with them.    Seemed everyone had an abundance of them as they were the most produced amps of the era and many are still in use.   I traded'sold all of them off for more unique and rare amps
Something about the way a tube amp feels(hard to describe) but you feel the sound in your soul. There are some incredible solid state amps out there (vintage and modern) but they just don't have the visual or mental mojo !
Nothing compares, I had a couple fender amps that came close but just didn't "feel" the same.
Pevey made a model that was close to a tube sound, like the chorus, can't think of the name. But then they started messing with effects on board and messed the dang thing up. Sales dropped and they discontinued it. Had a 2-12 cabinet and actual working gain!!!The Peavey amps you mentioned were the "Stereo Chorus 400" models.    I just sold one a few weeks back for $100.00.   Bulletproof made in USA Peavey Quality from the 70's and 80's !    Like you mentioned, when they started adding all the effects on board, sales dipped pretty bad.    I've got a couple nice Peavey amps from the late 70's that still kick A$$.   A Butcher and a Peavey VTM 60 head.   Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Specials legendary sounds all came while using early Peavey amps.  Both bands still use those older amps on stage !
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #459 on: May 22, 2010, 10:28 AM »
The stereo chorus was a good amp for the money.  I've seen so many Fender amps, and owned that they still have a place in my heart. One of the best I owned was a little studio amp, musician series? not sure now(CRS).
It was the felt covered anyways, little thing with a 12" in it, but all the outputs for powering a rack. Hooked up to a PA system and tweaked would give the most rich sound of anything I ever owned.  I remember playing the Altamont fair, and one of the guys from another group asked who was playing the acoustic? I said no one, just me and my Strat...He was blown away that I could get an electric with a solid state to sound like that. So I changed the channel and hit a couple notes, and he was just standing there grinning. The tube distortion in the rack  could be adjusted to give From Satrioni to deep purple to heavy metal sound. Was probably the most versatile I owned.
Of course nothing will ever replace the Kay set up I had in the 70's. Sunburst Strat with a souped up 15 watt amp. My nephew wanted to learn to play, so I loaned it to him. He took it to a shop and traded it for a Kramer....He was so excited!! Look what they gave me for it even UP!! I didn't speak to him for a few years.....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #460 on: May 22, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Speak to him.....well i might have jacked his a$$. Those Kramers are a nice playing guitar (I own one), But they are a dime a dozen.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #461 on: May 23, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Here's Sundays eye candy for guitar players / musicians.
  Not vintage (yet) but a very cool piece !    1990 Gibson Howard Roberts Deluxe..........right after a fresh buff and polish job !
For you gi=uys who know and understand guitars, check out the fine tuning rods between the bridge and the tail piece  :o :o    Blows away the Floyd Rose system !

OK....here's something for you bass players  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

All original 1974 Fender "P" Bass ...Fretless

Plastics are Fantastic !

skidplate

« Reply #462 on: May 23, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Gamma, do you have a shop or just a collection?
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

Gamma Fish

« Reply #463 on: May 23, 2010, 06:22 AM »
Gamma, do you have a shop or just a collection?
Just a collection.........which if things go good today, I'll be adding to in the form of trades !
  Got a line on a very rare mid 80's Peavey guitar called the "Impact 1" and supposedly in brand new condition.    Not worth a lot of money but a rarity for sure !     The fret boards on these are composite material !     This one is white with all gold hardware !   Only saw one other when I was in Tennessee 20 years ago.
   Pictures to come if I can pull off the deal.   
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #464 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27 AM »
Here's a 1965 Fender Bassman 50 watt head and matching 2X15 cabinet that I've had for 30 years.      All original and in mint condition !
  Nice match for the Fretless P bass above !

Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.