FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 660743 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #885 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:07 PM »
I'm on a Black Crowes kick today.....and Im sure you all like Jimmy Page...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/jimmy-page-and-the-black-crowes-in-my-time-of-dying/5c581f40a5a582cc8a6f5c581f40a5a582cc8a6f-165811521077?q=the%20black%20crowes&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5

Think i just blew the speakers on my computer man! They rocked that one out hard.

esox v

« Reply #886 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:21 PM »
check this one out.. you got to get through the commercial. Kick butt but its just the black crowes..
  http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/216662/sting-me-unplugged.jhtml#artist=791
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #887 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:23 PM »
That's to funny!!
OK searched a while to find a video from Yes, to no avail. All seem to be removed, must be a copywright infringement or something. They have a couple biographies on line but most everything is on their own site and have to pay to get on it....They are still an amazing band.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

1fish@atime

« Reply #888 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Nice!!! You really are Dom Selleck PI..... ;D

esox v

« Reply #889 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I've only got one word to say !       KANSAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXe7KNb7RqY
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE LETTERS ANY BIGGER BUT... stop it !!!

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #890 on: Jul 24, 2010, 03:47 PM »
BET THEY ROCKED OUT LAST NIGHT THOUGH !!!!!!!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #891 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Now your talking Gamma!! Man the memories of trying to learn their stuff. A lot of alcohol consumed while a few of us sat around with our guitars playing to the tape. LOL remember one time my parents were on vac in Florida.
I asked if a couple friends could come over one night. They said sure, just behave. That 1969 Holiday rambler we had was ROCKIN!! Good thing our nearest neighbow was 1500 feet away....
Crank it up!!! Our amplifiers go to eleven...(said with a distinct British accent)....
Replicating any music by Kansas is no easy task although it's not the parts that are too hard, it's the timing !
 The band I've put together recenty is doing a lot of music by Kansas, Rush, Styx, Golden Earring, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Robin Trower, etc, etc.     No easy task and we've all been at it for 30 or more years !....................but we do have a 28 year old female violin player in the band  ;) ;) ;D
  Short practice tonight !   Added a few more Rush tunes to the list !   Anthem and Xanadu !    More homework !!
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #892 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:19 PM »
BET THEY ROCKED OUT LAST NIGHT THOUGH !!!!!!!
Great show but just a tad hot & humid ! :o :o :o :o
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #893 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:43 PM »
Nice Gamma, no easy stuff there.
I miss it sometimes, but I was never a natural guitar player. I played constantly. Had to to keep up with the guys I played with. But had a blast.
I quit when My son was 8. I took him and his sister to the park to fly kites. He kept hugging me and saying thank you all the way home. Just didn't think they should have to feel as though they had to thank me for spending time with them. I did some fill ins for a few years then just stopped all together. Didn't pick one up for almost 10 years. Until my boy needed some help with chords.
Glad your still enjoying it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #894 on: Jul 24, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Nice Gamma, no easy stuff there.
I miss it sometimes, but I was never a natural guitar player. I played constantly. Had to to keep up with the guys I played with. But had a blast.
I quit when My son was 8. I took him and his sister to the park to fly kites. He kept hugging me and saying thank you all the way home. Just didn't think they should have to feel as though they had to thank me for spending time with them. I did some fill ins for a few years then just stopped all together. Didn't pick one up for almost 10 years. Until my boy needed some help with chords.
Glad your still enjoying it.
That's why I found two of the best guitar players Central NY has ever seen  ;)   I'm a retired drummer who now just handles the lead vocals and some fill in on some rhythm guitar, percussion and on occasion, a Jose Cuervo bottle  ;D ;D   The only thing easy about those tasks is the Cuervo !
Plastics are Fantastic !

esox v

« Reply #895 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Dickey Betts website lists him as playing at inner harbor tonight for free.  Does anyone know anything about this?  5pm.
Been announced on the radio for a few weeks now..

KingPerch

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Gamma Fish

« Reply #897 on: Jul 25, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Dickey Betts website lists him as playing at inner harbor tonight for free.  Does anyone know anything about this?  5pm.
A few minutes late but on my way to the inner harbor right now !
Plastics are Fantastic !

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #898 on: Jul 25, 2010, 07:32 PM »
As a matter of fact, Yes Dickie Betts was free and it was great, Kane was great too and the other band Against All Will was so so! How about it Gamma, What did you think? Next time I see some changes in the lineup i'll post it! FISH ON.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Gamma Fish

« Reply #899 on: Jul 25, 2010, 08:29 PM »
As a matter of fact, Yes Dickie Betts was free and it was great, Kane was great too and the other band Against All Will was so so! How about it Gamma, What did you think? Next time I see some changes in the lineup i'll post it! FISH ON.
Great show as always with Dickey Betts !      I didn't get there in time for Kane but they're all friends of mine and I see them frequently (last Wednesday night opening for Eddy Money).
   Betts always puts on a great show.   Over 2 hours of the best from Betts and the Allman Brothers.
The encore was great with Nowhere left to run to anymore and Ramblin Man but that long jam on Jessica was the bomb !
  Great day for an outside free concert....................or picking Zucchini  ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.