FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Really? No one drives by Max or Bass or Stone?  (Read 1858 times)

LundProv

Really? No one drives by Max or Bass or Stone?
« on: Dec 23, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Good evening -- ya, I guess I like to whine but really, no one drives by Max or Stone or Bass?  With the mild weather this week, I have a shot at getting the boat out.  Right now, Lake Michigan is the sure bet with perch to the west and cohos/lakers/whitefish north of Portage.  Traditionally, if we have later ice, I usually hit Stone or Max one more time before freeze up.  I am in Valpo and I suppose could do a road trip but I would hope someone from out that way could reply with the info.  Are those lakes too iced over to prevent launching?  Here in Valpo, the lake in my backyard has about 1" where there is ice and open water in spots.  I checked Loomis and Flint and they both are iced and I have not yet checked Long.  If you get a chance and are from that neck of the woods, please provide this info and have a Merry Christmas...

Ducker

Re: Really? No one drives by Max or Bass or Stone?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Haven’t been down there but friend said Maxi was frozen in spots and open water in others.  Lakes near pine and stone had almost 2” on them last weekend.  Been around a lot of lakes in Southwest Michigan that are all iced over so I’d assume the lakes you are looking at are as well.  Maybe this weekend and they will be ice free.

charlys1954

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2019, 03:22 AM »

THis time of year not many visit this forum or Iceshanty(seen your post there too), we're all between wet and ice fishing so not many care to look at either site especially when most are busy with Christmas and family.

If I was you I would call businesses in Culver like gas stations and see if you could get any info that way. There's not a bait shop close so that's not much help. You're just about SOS this time of year getting any info.

As a last resort you could try to find out who the DNR officer is for that area and contact them but that route is probably far fetched.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

LundProv

« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Thanks everyone for the great feedback...  Visiting with friends last night, I understand the coho bite is picking up in the Portage area and will probably launch at Portage and go out and cast and see what the lake will give.  Appreciate all info...

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Thanks everyone for the great feedback...  Visiting with friends last night, I understand the coho bite is picking up in the Portage area and will probably launch at Portage and go out and cast and see what the lake will give.  Appreciate all info...
Heard the perch bite has been good toward Calumet river. Launch in Hammond for free and just a short trip north/west. A couple more weeks and maybe I will be able to fish again after the surgeries, both wrists and both elbows.

LundProv

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Ouch!  Did you do these surgeries bilateral at the same time?  Both wrists and elbows?  Hopefully, you staged them one extremity at a time.  I have often wondered when people have both hands/wrists operated at the same time, how they wipe their brow and other things, if you know what I mean...  Speedy recovery is hoped for and you will be out setting the hook before you know it...

wallin

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Not been out myself. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Al, I go next tuesday for shoulder surgery, 2 muscles ripped off the bone.
Let us know how you do Lundpro. Not seen any reports except Erie or Lake Michigan. Good luck.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Ouch!  Did you do these surgeries bilateral at the same time?  Both wrists and elbows?  Hopefully, you staged them one extremity at a time.  I have often wondered when people have both hands/wrists operated at the same time, how they wipe their brow and other things, if you know what I mean...  Speedy recovery is hoped for and you will be out setting the hook before you know it...
Yes left first, get stitches removed from right on Friday. Guess if you find the right doc, they will do both at same time. No thanks, not me....

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Not been out myself. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Al, I go next tuesday for shoulder surgery, 2 muscles ripped off the bone.
Let us know how you do Lundpro. Not seen any reports except Erie or Lake Michigan. Good luck.
Doc says I need both knees and both shoulders done as well. I said that will have to wait till I retire cause the rehab is way to long. I have bills. So, guess I will continue with the cortisone shots for a few more years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.