FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: 2007 New York Minnow Regulations  (Read 1494 times)

saphireblue99

2007 New York Minnow Regulations
« on: Mar 20, 2007, 07:53 PM »
If you haven't heard or been keeping up with the VHS virus emergency regulations for live minnows in New York State here is some of the latest. It's a real dillema up there right now as new emergency measures are being updated monthly. As of March 9th YOU MUST CARRY A RECIEPT with your live minnows at all times when fishing with them, they must be from an approved vhs tested dealer, NO OUT OF STATE BAIT, NO OUT OF STATE TRANSPORT OF LIVE GAMEFISH TO OR FROM . Reciepts are only good for one week so if you have minnows left use em quick or feed them to your cat, oh yeah and those leftover live minnows, if you have them in water in your bucket from a specific waterway you CANNOT USE THEM IN ANOTHER. enforcing that good luck!!!  dead or salted minnows NOT exempt from this reg. Was checked this past weekend at Black Lake, DEC officer said warnings are being presently issued but  regulation will be STRICTLY enforced in open water season, quote ( the burdon of proof of when and where your minnows originated from lies with the fisherman). 

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: 2007 New York Minnow Regulations
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2007, 06:52 AM »
Thanks for the update and information Saphireblue. I am not trying to joke or poke fun; If the burden of proof lies in the fisherman, then everyone should be ok. Last I checked, it's innocent unless PROVEN guilty. I think if a guy uses common sense and puts up with a bit of nusiance, everything will be fine. If everyone looks at what the DEC is trying to do and what they are trying to prevent, there will be more tolerance on both sides. Everyone should be trying to protect their fisheries for many years and decades, good luck.

Mike

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
Re: 2007 New York Minnow Regulations
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2007, 08:32 AM »
well said mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.