FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: ? FOR THE REBELS  (Read 2032 times)

Game Hog

? FOR THE REBELS
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:30 PM »
I was taking a joy ride today through the mountians of PA. and saw something that cought my eye.  Up in the state forest there was an area of state reforestation (clear cutting) that was fenced in with 8 electric wires.  The land looked to be about 50 acres up on top of one of the mountians south/east of Smethport.  Any one have some info. on whats going on. 
Live to fish

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: ? FOR THE REBELS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41 PM »
What county?
    A Country Boy can Survive!

Game Hog

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Will have to look at a map but I think it was Clearfield Co.  Just checked and i narrowed it down to the north/west corner of cameron Co.  was working in Austin,  headed through the mountians tward Emporium.
Live to fish

Skammer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:23 AM »
I was taking a joy ride today through the mountians of PA. and saw something that cought my eye.  Up in the state forest there was an area of state reforestation (clear cutting) that was fenced in with 8 electric wires.  The land looked to be about 50 acres up on top of one of the mountians south/east of Smethport.  Any one have some info. on whats going on. 

The fence is probably to keep the deer out of that area. They will compare the browse damage outside of that area to the growth inside of the area. I have seen the same thing up in Potter county when I was involved in a large lease up there. The property was leased from a lumber company & they would fence the clear cut areas in that way to keep the deer from browsing the new growth. The wires were about 8 inches apart & believe it or not I have seen the deer go through the fence!
A FARTIN HORSE WILL NEVER TIRE & A FARTIN MAN IS THE MAN TO HIRE!!!!

carpcatcher

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:53 AM »
There's a section here in Juniata co. also fenced off. As Skammer said, it's to keep the deer out so they can study the deer damage to the forest. My question is, if you shoot a deer inside of that area would it be considered a high fenced kill ;D
Love 2 fish

Game Hog

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I kinda figured that they were for the deer.  The thing that threw me off was the wire on the ground and them being so close together.  I think they should have gone a few feet higher with the fence.
Live to fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.