FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: 1st Annual Northeast/Northcentral PA Get Together on Walker Lake!  (Read 4807 times)

cooljordan

Hey Mr. CoolJ,
    My lovely wife said she would be willing to make macaroni salad for the food table. Get in touch with me so we can figure some of the other items out. Please leave everyone know the camping will be in an open field, where ever they would like to pitch a tent. If someone wants to haul in a camper we can fit any size camper as long as they can haul them in. We do not have any electric available, if it is needed someone would need to bring a generator. Canopies would be a plus, I have a 10x10 we can set up and I have some tables we can use. If there are any questions you can think of let me know.
Talk to ya later.

I should return home tomorrow... I will get in touch with you.

flyboy

Back  in from the north country.   man -- that is one long drive home :-(

do you  guys have a time  picked out for the crappie bash ?? 

CJ --   i will give you a call to see what you want me to bring :-)

wigglyworm

I will supply the plates, cups, utensils, and napkins. If we need anything else to chow with just let me know. I may also have some apple pie and just maybe some whale  for refreshments. Who all is planning on coming in and what time are the festivities starting?  

cooljordan

I was just speaking with Roy and him and I will be arriving at the boat launch between 5 and 6 with our boats. If you do not have a boat get a hold of me and I am sure we can get you on a boat with someone or you can fish shore if you prefer.
Sometime after dark (depending on the fishing) we will then be going 2 or 3 miles down the road to wigglyworms camping area to have a fish fry. Roy is bringing some backup fillets in case we would happen to have a bad day on the lake.

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
5 -6  in the mornin or night? that will make a difference for me......i have to play sat night. let me know

cooljordan

Night

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
well crap...its a no go for me. I was thinking it was in the morning with a shore lunch....ohhh well, maybee next one. you guys have fun and dont catch all of them. Nate you have my number now call me if anything else goes on.

cooljordan

well crap...its a no go for me. I was thinking it was in the morning with a shore lunch....ohhh well, maybee next one. you guys have fun and dont catch all of them. Nate you have my number now call me if anything else goes on.

Will do.

flyboy

Ive been off the grid aq few days.  I see there is nothing new posted hear about the get together ---  i WILL see you guys tomorrow night. 

CJ - call me if you need anything else.   I  just picked the last of the strawberries and Cheryl is gonna make us a pie :-)

flyboy

Hey guys
I thought the first anual walker lake crappie fest  was  very nice !

Thanks, CJ  for putting it all together.  --- and a special thanks to wiggly worm from wiggly worm bait and talckle for hosting  the  event.     

I think I  can speak for everyone  when I say a good time was had by all :-)

I think   we could have got more crappies if EYES DT  would have been arround.  We probaly could have got 500 +  with a little coaching from the master,   but as  it turns out  we did ok on our own  :-)

BTW ---   all of the female crappies were still full of eggs.  Go  figure ????  water temp  was 74+

cooljordan

Hey guys
I thought the first anual walker lake crappie fest  was  very nice !

Thanks, CJ  for putting it all together.  --- and a special thanks to wiggly worm from wiggly worm bait and talckle for hosting  the  event.     

I think I  can speak for everyone  when I say a good time was had by all :-)

I think   we could have got more crappies if EYES DT  would have been arround.  We probaly could have got 500 +  with a little coaching from the master,   but as  it turns out  we did ok on our own  :-)

BTW ---   all of the female crappies were still full of eggs.  Go  figure ????  water temp  was 74+

Lol I dont need to say any more you spoke for everyone!
It was to bad EYES wasnt there or would would have had so much crappie we could have donated some to hungery people in Africa :P

Let me know we you want to go to walker again, we will stay after dark!

eyefishermandt

• QUIT WISHIN GO FISHIN! CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. TEAM
sorry guys was busy in canada, my arm cant take another fish for at least 2 weeks!!!! much needed rest on the shoulders for now but when you two (cj and fly boy) are willing we could always have a little walker tourny each throw in lets say 100$ first limit takes the pot, we can fish singles or teams you mouths make the call!!!!! hahaha!!! how did ya do in ca. roy???
DONALD T WITMER 111

flyboy

we had a great trip, Donnie.  lots of forest fires up there, but we had rain two of the days we were up there, so that helped the firefighters a lot.   we  could go north as far as the road into our camp,  but everything north  was  closed off.  some of the bridges were made of wood and they burnt up.

fish seemed to average a bit bigger this year.  mostly walleye  and pike -- we didnt fish  much for bass or lake trout this year as we were busy at camp  rebuilding the boat house  :-)

contest ?   guys like me and nate wouldnt stand a chance against the likes of you ---   and  and its no secret that I am not a big fan of  fishing  tournaments.     ---- but if you wanna meet and go fishing over there sometime just for the fun of it -- I'm  in !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.