FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: License fees  (Read 5944 times)

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
License fees
« on: Apr 04, 2006, 11:58 AM »
 Why does PA charge so darned much for an out of state license?

By the time you buy the license and all the other required stamps, it's somewhere's around $70!

Wholly crap! I love to fish PA for trout but man do the fees have to be that high?

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

LUNDMAN

Re: License fees
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:08 PM »
JD YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT---I ONLY HAVE TO PAY $40 TO FISH IN NY !!!!!!

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2006, 03:22 PM »
They raised it so high because they hadn't raised it in years and sunk themselves into debt. Rather than raise it every few years they raised it real high and don't plan on raising it for quite some time but,  I agree, it does get ridiculous once you buy your trout stamp, salmon/ lake erie permit, ect. I can only imagine how much they'll raise it when they do again.

To tell ya the truth, I don't even think I'd buy a liscence for PA if I still lived in NJ. I'd take my chances and stick just to fishing my private lake in the Poconos without it.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2006, 07:30 PM »
 I used to think that NY and PA had somekind of price matching wars going on but from the looks of it,PA is kicking our butts.

Maybe NY ought to raise their prices a little bit or maybe PA should take it a little bit easier on us poor out of towners.

They've got the three day license priced so it's really not worthy of purchase and the all year price just simply hurts.

JD

bassbait

• KICKIN SOME BASS
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2006, 11:44 AM »
young, ,, when you pay the 70$, is that for a full year?    it all depends on how much you actually fish in pa.  at least in a majority of pa waters, we know thats there is fish in them, unlike paying outragous prices to hunt public ground with no deer.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:14 PM »
The problem is with a lot of guys who buy it, its because they will spend a few weekends out of the year fishing PA waters so they have to buy the whole year. Does almost $70 sound fair just to fish a few weekends? If you will be using it 15-20 or more times in the course of a year its a totally different story than if you will only use it say 5 times. Either way it still seems awfully steep compared to just about every other state I've priced.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2006, 01:18 PM »
 Bassbait,

$70 buys you a whole year for PA. I hook up with about 15 guys every year down by Bradford for opening day, which is usually two days on the streams. After that, I might get out on Kinzua once or twice, and hit the streams in Erie for Steelies maybe two or three times.

All totals about five or six trips into PA. Would love to go more but don't ever seem to get the time :'(
 I love fishing in PA a lot more so than NY! Like you said, at least there's fish in the water you're on ;D

Still wish the prices weren't so steep to go about six times a year :(

JD

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2006, 04:23 PM »
that would be the day i would pay that much to fish Penn when we have more quality fish right here in NY
OR      [IMG]

Polar

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2006, 04:50 PM »
that would be the day i would pay that much to fish Penn when we have more quality fish right here in NY

Maybe sometime we should hook up and fish Pennsylvania.You'll be surprised. I will agree they charge way to much coin of a nonresident license.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2006, 06:49 PM »
 The trout streams here in WNY don't hold a candle to the streams we fish in NW. PA. The stocking program is a lot better, and the scenery is almost worth the cost alone.

Wow, maybe I should look into moving to PA ;D
 Look at the money I'd save every year in license fees :D
 JD

troutman

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 07:46 AM »
 For some people it can work for your benefit if you plan to use it. The good side about getting a pa license, if you fish Lake Erie the boat launching is free. In ny state you pay 6 dollars to launch. The walleye and perch fishing is far better on pa waters of lake Erie then ny. The trout fishing is much better too. Now you can take 6 walleye from Lake Erie, on pa waters, ny I think its still 4. Add both states together with boat launching and the cost will come out to be the same. You pa residents don’t get to comfortable with our cheap out of state license in two years you will be paying more.   
Ray

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 12:34 PM »
why would i pay all that money for a pa license when i have better fishing right here and a heck of a lot cheaper
OR      [IMG]

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:36 PM »
I didn't know there were fish in PA       :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Just jokin guys....70 bucks is pretty ridiculous :-\

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I didn't know there were fish in PA       :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Just jokin guys....70 bucks is pretty ridiculous :-\
it sure is
OR      [IMG]

troutman

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 02:38 PM »
How do you figure it cost 70 dollars for a pa license? For 52 dollars you get the basic license. If you fish Lake Erie you need the stamps and that will cost you another 15 dollars. If you don’t fish Lake Erie you don’t need the stamps you pay 52 dollars only. In ny state we have all kinds of taxes in pa you have to live there to find out about there tax system. These Lake Erie stamps are nothing but a tax and the ones that use the lake pay for it. The trout stamp is for stocking Lake Erie and the Lake Erie stamp is for help paying for a new campground west of Erie. When the job is completed pa will have something. I fish Ohio and pa. ny state has done nothing to improve there water front. Pa does have some decent fishing. you have to get off the computer and go out and discover it yourself. I don’t here you complaining about the high cost of gas or going to a sporting game paying for a hockey or football ticket to watch a bunch of over paid idiots. 67 dollars for a fishing license is good value for something you can enjoy for a year if you plan to use it. I love ny state too.
Ray

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.