FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: License fees  (Read 5946 times)

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
Re: License fees
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 03:13 PM »
bla bla bla go move to pa then if you fell the need to defend their outrageous license fees for a lousy fishery
OR      [IMG]

troutman

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 03:44 PM »
52 dollars for a license is not out of line. 15 dollars for stamps is only required if you fish Lake Erie. Free boat launching will make up the difference.
Ray

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 04:31 PM »
i pay 50 bucks for a sportsman n duck stamp n ny has free launches you just have to know were to look for them
OR      [IMG]

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 06:25 PM »
i pay 50 bucks for a sportsman n duck stamp n ny has free launches you just have to know were to look for them

and you live within the state of NY....how much would that cost for someone who didn't? Seeing as this is about the cost of an out of state liscence.

I live within PA and only pay $53 I believe it is, for my fishing and hunting liscences for the year. If I lived outside the state it'd be somewhere around $200 for them.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 08:31 AM »
my point is we have better fishing in ny so why would i buy a pa license
OR      [IMG]

Pikeguy

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 08:42 AM »
I end up spending over 70 bucks a year in WI as a resident to fish, duck hunt, bow & rifle deer, and small game. No turkey license or trout stamp :-\

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 10:08 AM »
my point is we have better fishing in ny so why would i buy a pa license

and thats the best you could come up with? If you think you have such great fishing there why do you feel the need to spend so much time on the PA boards making worthless posts?

Also, are you telling me the hunting is much better in NY so I should go spend 3-4x as much to hunt up there? It doesn't matter what state you go to, an out of state license for hunting or fishing will cost you. Thats how they make their money. People go on vacations. Most go out of state. That requires a license to fish/ hunt and the states all realize that and price it accordingly. States that get more vacationers will usually cost more for these as they see that as "easy" money. Its the same reason a 3 day or 7 day or whatever temporary license you have usually costs about 1/2 to 1/3 of what it would to buy it for the year.

NY's 7 day is I believe $22 or something like that while a yearly non resident is $40. I plan on going salmon fishing twice, possibly 3 times so obviously I'd buy the yearly and use it 2-3x. Most people who will only go once would buy the 7 day and spend more than half of what I will and will be able to fish for 1 week out of 52. Does that seem fair to you?

The ONLY reason I go fish NY at all is for the salmon run and we don't have it here in PA so I have no choice. Every other species I want to target I can find in PA waters, most within 45 minutes of where I live. The only fish I want to target that I'd have to drive quite some distace to here in PA, would be steelhead, everything else, I have relatively close by.

Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.