FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It's all relative  (Read 3683 times)

taxid

Re: It's all relative
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Avatar is probably 10 years old, I don't look any different. I'm 46. Lived in Harvard from '71 to '89, then I moved to Clinton MA.

Interesting. You moved to the area the year I moved away. I did come back out in 1976 with my twin for a vacation, which we since have called the vacation from hell. We laugh about it now. Well not completely...

3 bad things happened:

1. We didn't hear a female gate guard at Ft. Devens tell us to stop, and she and the male gate guard with her --that was trying to impress her -- almost shot us. They said our car matched the description of a wanted car in the area, which I think was BS.

2. We had to vacate the pup tent we were in at the post campground because a hurricane was potentially coming ashore. A kid that worked at the campground invited us to his parents house (his dad was a colonel but the parents were out of town) and he and his friend commenced to have a pot party. My brother and I got higher than a kite from the second hand smoke. But we couldn't go outside.

3. My brother who was a railroad buff, took the car to watch trains while I was fishing, and got broadsided by a car, came close to totallng our car. He also got cited for not stopping for a stop sign which was not there as someone had stolen it. I was upset as I was having a blast fishing. Vacation over.

We got our car drivable to go back to Indiana but the brights were permanently on! Do you have any idea how many people flashed their brights on us on the way home!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.