FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anyone get any muskie yet?  (Read 11391 times)

lewk24

Re: anyone get any muskie yet?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2011, 08:41 AM »
man I want to catch a musky...I dont think they are anywhere around here...ill have to take a trip way up sometime this summer and get into them.

Big B Muskies

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Come to minaki ontario, I need some one to thin them out. They keep stealing the walleye of my hook! Ha-Ha!!!

jacksmelt

« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2011, 08:52 AM »
do i hear '' road trip''! from n. maine im not that far from you.
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Big B Muskies

« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I am off to Minaki at rough rock lodge for 5 days of Musky bass and walleye. My trip starts monday and i will report by Sunday. We will "give em Hell"!!

Big B Muskies

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Got back from Rough Rock lodge north of Minaki Ontario. We caught 3 smaller fish 37, 33, 25 and raised 8-10 more in about 14 hors of fishing. Missed a few do to lazy figure 8,s missed a few that smashed the bucktails and didnt get pinned. We also got a 37 inch pike and many other pike in the low 30 range.All muskies came from heavy weeds with rocks nearby. didnt raise one on reefs. Got my personal best smallmouth at 17.5 and several other 16 and 17. That 17.5 was one of the best fighting fish of my life. We almost always see atleast one upper 40 inch Muskie but not this year.

Next year we are thinking of going to some lakes north of vermillion bay ontario.

jacksmelt

« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2011, 08:57 AM »
sounds like you guys had a great time! what it cost for the trip up there if you dont mind me asking?

Big B Muskies

« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2011, 10:55 AM »
excellent deal!!! We booked through "Group On". 5 nights and 4 days of fishing, 17 foot lund with 40hp 4 stroke, fish finder, trolling motor. Large rustic cabin over looking the water with daily maid service. Bring your own food plan. All for $375.00. The owner is John Kuglar and was a great host always asking how we were doing and giving us new spots to fish. He has a portage lake full of small pike and some Huge smallmouth. John says he will honor the group on price all summer.

jacksmelt

« Reply #22 on: Aug 30, 2011, 09:31 AM »
does he have a website? i might be interested in checking it out. you guys heading up there again next summer? maybe, if i can pull it off, book the same time as you guys. make it a m.f.f get together!

Big B Muskies

« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Next year we are planning on going to Clarks camp/KC landing. It is on the Indian lake chain just 30 min north of legendary Eagle lake in Ontario. This is more of a numbers lake with many upper 30 to lower 40inch fish with a chance at something bigger. I have heard great reviews about this place and The Fishin Canada Show did a show on this lake system and killed the Muskies. There is also walleye, Lake Trout and bass for when your arms get tired. Anouther lodge we are considering is Jims Cavier lake camp. It is near the Sioux Narrows portion of lake of the woods. If anyone has some input on theses options I would love to hear them...

raate

« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:47 AM »
got a couple this week...

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.