FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Patagonia  (Read 1830 times)

lowaccord66

Patagonia
« on: Nov 02, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Thinking of making a trip to catch some overtly large brown trout on the fly...anyone here ever had interest?  Cost is 4800 per 2 anglers for 7 days with accommodations.  Just need to pay for travel down there.  Proprietor is a NH native.  Also would consider researching the fishing and logistics and going commando no guide.  Thoughts?

westernmas

Re: Patagonia
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2018, 02:33 PM »
I'm very interested but not sure I could handle the expense at the moment.  The recent home purchase plus a new truck have really put a hurting on the budget.  Any idea when the best time to go would be?  I'd imagine like march/april would be best.  Those sea run browns they get are epic.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2018, 03:29 PM »
I've been looking into New Zealand trout fishing. Some of those fish in the canals there are over 30lbs.

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2018, 03:39 PM »
I've been looking into New Zealand trout fishing. Some of those fish in the canals there are over 30lbs.

NZ also has truly native trout. I’d love to go there someday.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2018, 08:17 PM »
NZ also has truly native trout. I’d love to go there someday.

I think you mean naturalized and self sustaining? They were all introduced at one time.

I've thought about relocating to New Zealand if this country gets too crazy.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Wow you really do like road tripping. LOL. I know a couple leaving for New Zealand on Monday. First thing I asked them was if they were doing any fishing. Been on my bucket list for a long time. Just not in the budget.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Thinking of roughing it on a New Zealand trip in a few years. No guide just camping in a vehicle and researching to find productive areas. I find it more rewarding to accomplish things on my own without a guide. Even if I catch just one versus 20 it will mean more to me.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Wow you really do like road tripping. LOL. I know a couple leaving for New Zealand on Monday. First thing I asked them was if they were doing any fishing. Been on my bucket list for a long time. Just not in the budget.

You know it Jeff and I've been on a fly fishing kick.  Apparently Feb-March is a decent time. 

I'd do that New Zealand trip in a heartbeat but the flight is ridiculous and I'd need the good stuff to get through it. 

Cecil "if this country gets too crazy"?...Well my friend if you want to retire in New Zealand here's some of the requirements:

Be at least 66 years old;Invest NZ$0.75 million (about USD$541,763) in New Zealand during the two-year visa period;Show that you have NZ$0.5 million (about USD$361,175) of maintenance funds and at least NZ$60,000 (about USD$43,341) in annual income;

Grass isn't always greener my friend. I guess the above pays for their subsidized healthcare!   :P

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2018, 09:33 AM »
You know it Jeff and I've been on a fly fishing kick.  Apparently Feb-March is a decent time. 

I'd do that New Zealand trip in a heartbeat but the flight is ridiculous and I'd need the good stuff to get through it. 

Cecil "if this country gets too crazy"?...Well my friend if you want to retire in New Zealand here's some of the requirements:

Be at least 66 years old;Invest NZ$0.75 million (about USD$541,763) in New Zealand during the two-year visa period;Show that you have NZ$0.5 million (about USD$361,175) of maintenance funds and at least NZ$60,000 (about USD$43,341) in annual income;

Grass isn't always greener my friend. I guess the above pays for their subsidized healthcare!   :P

Hmmm... I did some extensive searches and didn't find the above.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-to-new-zealand-2017-3#your-new-status-grants-you-the-rights-of-any-native-new-zealander-10

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/why-choose-nz/compare-new-zealand/usa

Do you have a link for the above information?  Not doubting you but wonder if the above pertains to strictly business investments?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

westernmas

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Hmmm... I did some extensive searches and didn't find the above.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-to-new-zealand-2017-3#your-new-status-grants-you-the-rights-of-any-native-new-zealander-10

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/why-choose-nz/compare-new-zealand/usa

Do you have a link for the above information?  Not doubting you but wonder if the above pertains to strictly business investments?

It can be stocks and bonds or a house but you have to do it to get a permanent visa.Pays for the "free" healthcare.

Don't forget you have to pass a physical too.  Serious health conditions and you may not get a Visa either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.