FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Locating Crappie  (Read 531 times)

Steel Nuttz

Locating Crappie
« on: Jun 14, 2013, 01:50 PM »
I have a few spots that have always produced crappie for me over the last year, but for some reason right now I can't seem to find them. 

Anyone know what depths they would be at?

Are they spawning right now so they're on beds?

If you can't find any cover or underwater structure, where do you look for them?  Thank you!
Thanks...Hey, I guess they're right - senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.  I'll be right back.  Don't you go dying on me!

CLAMFARMER

Re: Locating Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2013, 03:03 PM »
The rain probably frigged em up some. Try weed banks and structure and around 15' - 25' of water if nobody home in the lilypads and weeds. You might want to try putting out two poles and "spider" trolling in that deeper water (done south, they spider rig  with many poles  side and straight down and troll very slowly in promising areas). If you have a fish finder poke around with that. Most places are in post spawn, I would say. At least the warmer ponds. I know one they tell me doesn't turn on til July.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.