FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Aroostock brookie  (Read 3720 times)

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
Aroostock brookie
« on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Managed to fit in a short outing this morning.  Nothing was rising so I decided to change over to a sink tip line and a gray ghost streamer.  Second cast and I had a brookie on.  I thought this was a good omen of wonderful things to come this morning.   A few more casts and hooked up a river chub.  That was it.  All done for the next hour.  When I started it was overcast and then the sum came out.  Tried a few more streamers and then a nymph.  Still nothing.  An osprey cruised by right above me.  Didn't see any eagles this morning. 

Got back to the camper and found this adult may fly that had just emerged from it's exoskeleton.  Hope to get out at the end of the day again.  Looks like trout for supper. 

If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

unoman

Re: Aroostock brookie
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:23 PM »
good job Jim

I was discussing our envy for you with Deerhunter on the deep sea trip last sunday.....keep the reports coming!

K

JustOsmo

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:26 PM »
I need to get myself a fly fishing rod. I really wanna try it.

deerhunter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:34 PM »
yeh , you lucky s--t. :D

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:56 PM »
i hate you....nice catch.

oh ya by the way..our scavenging talents are still good..i went out last friday to the Chu at the church. on the ground was a 102 pc shakespear jig/worm kit. pretty much still full of a bunch of jig heads, rubber worms etc.. :D

it's not "buca, but i'll take it.

keep the posts coming u lucky dog...

burp

lenz
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

JDiperrio

« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Great job Jim  :tipup:
John

lavaman

« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2010, 01:56 PM »
looks like it's mayfly din din time. nice pics. get some more.

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Hi Jim....seems your enjoying yourself, whats that ole saying the teacher never leaves the man or the man never leaves the teaching? Biology or science major perhaps? Enjoy your posts keep them coming.

MGK

« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Nice trout
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2010, 05:16 PM »
good job Jim

I was discussing our envy for you with Deerhunter on the deep sea trip last sunday.....keep the reports coming!

K

Karl, that's funny because I was reading your saltwater post, admiring the pics and feeling very envious of you guys catching all those big ones.  If I were not here I would be out with you guys.  Good to see everyone having a great time. 
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #10 on: Jun 02, 2010, 05:22 PM »
i hate you....nice catch.

oh ya by the way..our scavenging talents are still good..i went out last friday to the Chu at the church. on the ground was a 102 pc shakespear jig/worm kit. pretty much still full of a bunch of jig heads, rubber worms etc.. :D

it's not "buca, but i'll take it.

keep the posts coming u lucky dog...

burp

Jim, maybe we should open our own salvage business.  Good find.  I did pull in an old daredevil lure while nymphing the other day.  Does that count?  Pretty rusty, I tossed it.  I still haven't gotten into consistent fish.  I seem to get one per outing.  Gotta do something about that. 

Here's to ya! 

lenz

butchy54

• Dead Trout Dont Rise
« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2010, 06:08 PM »
Give a Man a fly rod and watch out Great job out there jim and were getting a little bugy also lol your learning fast Jim you be teaching me pretty soon. ;D ;D

hook-set

« Reply #12 on: Jun 03, 2010, 08:18 PM »
the emerger is really cool !!!!nice pics .look at the colors and detail a real work of art huh ...oh nice brookie to boot lol....

Goatskinny

« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Beautiful brookie! someones gonna enjoy some great supper tonight

drl823

« Reply #14 on: Jun 04, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Nice brookie Jim......Butch2 and myself hit Willard brook and the Squanacook, got into a few brookies but they didn't look like that. We were picking up a river dace and some fallfish on just about every cast great pike bait but that is about it. Hope you are enjoying your vacation sure sounds like it

Take care,
Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.