FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Haverhill Tidewater Challenge is this Sunday!  (Read 1498 times)

Dana

The Haverhill Tidewater Challenge is this Sunday!
« on: Jun 05, 2010, 07:18 AM »
Haverhill's bigest fishing event takes place Sunday. Anglers will compete for $1500 in cash prizes over five different categories. The categories are striped bass, shad, large and smallmouth bass, carp and catfish. It all takes place from 6 AM to 12 PM. There will be a raffle of great prizes and Red Sox tickets. All proceeds will benefit Special Olympics Massachusetts and The Haverhill Boys and Girls Club. For more information visit:
 http://www.haverhilltidewaterchallenge.com/
Glenn, get the net!

JDiperrio

Re: The Haverhill Tidewater Challenge is this Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Does the striper have to come out of the merrimack or can it be from the ditch?
John

Dana

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2010, 07:47 AM »
Does the striper have to come out of the merrimack or can it be from the ditch?

It is the Haverhill Tidewater Challenge and all fishing takes place in Haverhill.

The event took place yesterday and not one legal striper was taken! Only one shad was registered. Just over one hundred anglers participated. The threat of rain and severe weather discouraged many. I won 2nd and 3rd place for catfish.
Glenn, get the net!

Dana

Re: The Haverhill Tidewater Challenge 2010
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Here are my two winning white cats from Sundays Derby. I know they were small, but 2nd and third place none the less! ( and we got there three hours late!)

Here was the final leader board. Not one legal sized striper was brought in!

Glenn, get the net!

salmon stalker

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Congrats Dana. I am shocked no stripers where caught, they are far up the rivers right now too.

Heading back on joppa tonight to toss some rubber and drown some eels. They have been biting nice.......

Did you hit the mud this year. Better hurry my friend, it's going quick!
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Dana

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2010, 01:43 PM »
I'm trying to get out Sunday if weather permits. I saw Robs thread about his twelve trips this year. I read the reports of the cod having already sponed and the sizes going down.

One guy came in the store yesterday with a 43" and a 37" stripers he caught right across the street from us on a blood worm! We had a run on blood worm sales the rest of the day!
Glenn, get the net!

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Congrats Dana. I am shocked no stripers where caught, they are far up the rivers right now too.

Heading back on joppa tonight to toss some rubber and drown some eels. They have been biting nice.......

Did you hit the mud this year. Better hurry my friend, it's going quick!

Congrats Dana
I went out on Tuesday to the mud. They are still hitting good as of yesterday. The bite is still on.
 Check my saltwater post

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.